Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Yes, It's A Holiday | National Coloring Book Day | Free Adult Coloring Book Links

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of Yes, It's a Holiday - my monthly Instagram collaboration with my Instagram buddies - Debra and Lori.  At times, like today, I also love to write up a blog post.    

This month we are helping to celebrate National Coloring Book Day!  

According to National Today, National Coloring Book Day helps us relive our childhood playdates and discover new health and wellness.  There are so many Adult coloring books now in almost every store.  And, with the age of digital downloads, there are so many places to buy them.  Being someone who loves to color, I love them.  I love how you can even print them in different sizes to make handmade greeting cards or other crafts.  

And, it helps with your wellness, relaxation, and lowers your blood pressure.  

To learn more about today's holiday, just click HERE

Now...let's make today's card.  

  • I made an A2 card base using Kraft cardstock, stamped Coffee Stain from Technique Junkies on another piece of Kraft cardstock, die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, and distressed both the card front and the stamped image using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  
  • I adhered the Coffee Stain image to the card front.
  • Next, I searched online for "Free Coffee Coloring Pages", found a nice image to color on Moms & Crafters, and saved it to my computer.  
  • I printed two of the images.  I die-cut the first image using a stitched rectangle die and I had my Scan N Cut cut the cups out of the second image.  
  • I colored the coffee cups that the Scan N Cut cut using my BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers. There is no need to color the other cups since they will be covered.  Then I added some foam dots behind each cup and adhered them to the non-colored piece.   

Lastly, I adhered the cups to the front of my card and die-cut a piece of white cardstock for the inside message.  Done!


All I have to do is write a message inside and send it to a coffee lover!  Want to give this a try?  Below are 2 websites that I found offering free coloring pages.  Just save an image you like, print it, and start coloring - with markers, coloring pencils, and even crayons if you want.  

Homemade Gifts Made Easy

Moms and Crafters

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope I will see you over on my Instagram page too.  I hope you can find a few minutes today to go check out what Debra and Lori have made - over on their Instagram pages.  Links to our pages are below.

Me - @worldofmichaeltrent

Debra - @djdavison814

Lori - @mamakobs 

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...