Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Technique Junkies August 2023 Release | Discount Info | Creative Background Slimline Card


Hello everyone, and welcome to August!  I can't believe that half the year is over already.  Time flies.  I hope everyone is doing well in this crazy weather the globe is experiencing.  Here in São Paulo, it's "winter", and we are having a much colder winter than I can ever remember.  I am just hoping that the summer is not going to be crazy.  

Today is the 1st of the month and that means a new stamp release from Technique Junkies.  The August 2023 New Stamp Release has something for everyone - creative and artsy stamps for crafters and cardmakers, fun inside/outside sayings, stamps for dog lovers, coffee lovers, and travel lovers.

All the new stamps are 15% off thru Tuesday, August 8th - no code needed - and, if you use my code - TJ10Michael - you can take an additional 10% off the rest of the website.  


If you love the whole new release and want all the stamps, you can save $25.35 with the "Gotta Have Them All" deal.  

To help kick off the August 2023 New Stamp Release, today I am sharing a slimline card I made using the new Creative Background stamp.  


To make this card - 

  • I made a slimline card base, 3 5/8" x 8 5/8", using white cardstock.  
  • I printed one of the papers from the Day In The Life Paper Pack No. 1 - digi version, die-cut it using the largest of the dies in the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die set (Pink Fresh Studio), and then adhered it to my card front.
  • I stamped the Creative Background stamp twice on white cardstock, used a 2" square punch to cut out areas of the image with the words - creative, design, idea, and art, and colored them using my BIC Intensity Markers.
  • I adhered the fun foam under each of the pink, blue, and green squares and adhered them to my card front.  Then I adhered the colored squares on top. 

Lastly, I added Diamond Glaze (or you can use Glossy Accents) to the lightbulb and the two ceramic cups - to give a glassy, glazed look to them.  I could not get all the little bubbles to pop but I don't mind since a lot of ceramic pieces have these little imperfections.  And I set it aside to fully dry. 




The card is DONE!


I have several more ideas on how you can use the new stamps and I hope that you will either stop back or subscribe to my blog.  Links to the other Design Team Members are all below and I hope that you will head over to them to see what they have made.  










I'd love to know what you think of this card idea - please leave a comment below.  I'll be back soon!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...