Monday, August 7, 2023

Let's "Explore" Yellowstone | Shaker Card | Technique Junkies


Hello everyone.  I hope y'all had a great weekend.  Today I am sharing a shaker card I made using the brand-new Explore stamp - which is part of the Technique Junkies August 2023 New Stamp Release


Let me show you how I made this card.

When I first saw this stamp, my first thought was Yellowstone - the National Park, not the TV show - and I had to do something fun with it.

  • I searched online for a free and fun Yellowstone Park map image, downloaded it, and printed it on white cardstock.  
  • Then I played around with a stitched rectangle die and a circle die until I had them positioned perfectly (being careful not to cut thru the Yellowstone name), and then secured them with some washi tape and die-cut them.     


  • I made my card base using black cardstock.  
  • I cut another piece of black cardstock and embossed it with a map embossing folder.  You are not going to really see much of it under the map but I wanted something other than plain cardstock. 
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit under the map and I stamped Explore so it will be showing thru the circle cut out.  

  • I adhered the embossing black piece to my card front.
  • I cut a piece of acetate and adhered it behind the Yellowstone Park map, covering the circle die-cut. 
  • I adhered my white piece with the Explore image to the card front making sure the stamped image will show thru the circle.  
  • I added 1/4" X-Press It foam tape to the back of the Yellowstone Park map making sure to get around the 4 sides as well as around the circle.


Before I added my shaker elements and adhered the two parts together, I added some Frosted Lace to the tops of the mountains and set it aside to dry.

Then I...
  • Added my shaker elements to the top of the stamped Explore image.  My shaker elements are basically a Brasilian version of Prills that I had in my stash.  But you can also use sequins and seed beads.
  • And, lastly, I removed the tape backing from the foam tape and adhered the front of the card over the shaker elements.



Here is the final card.


So, tell me, what do you think?  I'd love to know!  Leave me a comment below if you can.  Also, this stamp is 15% off thru tomorrow, August 8th and, if you use my discount code TJ10Michael - you can save an additional 10% off the rest of the Technique Junkies website 


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I really appreciate the support!  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...