Sunday, August 13, 2023

He Made It / She Made It | Collaboration with Meticulosity | Technique Junkies

 


Hello everyone.  As some of you might know by now, I am not only a huge fan of Technique Junkies but I am also now on their Design Team, along with my friend Debra - and today is her birthday!!  Happy Birthday Debra.  Since Deb and I love to create together, we came up with a fun idea for a collaboration - He Made It / She Made It or She Made It / He Made It...depending on which blog you are on.  

The way this will work is, we will choose a stamp or image that we both own and then we will each make a card using it.  The fun will be seeing what we each make.   

This month we decided to start with the new Creative Background stamp from Technique Junkies.  I LOVE this stamp, which is perfect for the crafter in your life and, I ended up with 3 different ideas for you.  If you like any of these stamps, there is a code to save 10% on the Technique Junkies website - at the end of this post. 

I started by stamping the Creative Background stamp 3 times on white cardstock.  Then I used a stitched rectangle die (4" x 5.25") to cut each of the images out.  Then I grabbed my pile of BIC Intensity Markers and colored them all.  It actually goes much faster than you think.


Next, I made 3 card bases using 3 different colored cardstock.  

Then I went thru my stash of Technique Junkies stamps and found 3 sentiments perfect to use with the Creative Background stamp, all related to art or crafting.  I Endlessly Create YourselfDo Something Creative, and Perfect Piece of Paper.  

Then I put my cards together.

Card No. 1

  • I adhered one of the colored Creative Backgrounds to an A2-sized hot pink card base.  
  • I stamped Endlessly Create Yourself on a piece of white cardstock and die-cut it using a circle die.  Then I die-cut a piece of the hot pink cardstock using the next-size-up circle die.  I adhered the white to the hot pink and then to the card front with some foam tape.  
  • Lastly, I added a few crystals to the card front for some shimmer and shine, and I adhered a piece of white cardstock to the inside where the message will go.  I also added some glossy accents to the lightbulb, ceramic jar, and a few other areas of the image - and set it aside to fully dry. 

Card No. 2



  • I adhered one of the colored Creative Backgrounds to an A2-sized orange card base.  
  • I stamped Perfect Piece of Paper on a piece of white cardstock, die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, and adhered it to the inside.    
  • Lastly, I added a few crystals to the card front for some shimmer and shine and some glossy accents to the lightbulb, ceramic jar, and a few other areas of the image - and set it aside to fully dry.

Card No. 3

  • I adhered one of the colored Creative Backgrounds to an A2-sized blue card base.  
  • I stamped Do Something Creative on a piece of white cardstock, die-cut it using a stitched banner die, adhered it to another piece of blue cardstock, and then to the card front right a bit above the center of the card.      
  • Lastly, I added a few crystals to the card front for some shimmer and shine and some glossy accents to the lightbulb, ceramic jar, and a few other areas of the image - and set it aside to fully dry.   

And, I'm done!  I only thought I was going to make 1 card but with all the fun sentiments, I had to go with 3.  Sorry.  I hope you will go see what Debra came up with.  You can find her card on her blog, Facebook page, and her Instagram page.  You can also check out more of my creations on my Instagram page and Facebook page.    

If you loved any of the stamps I used today, which are all from Technique Junkies, you can save 10% at checkout by using my code - TJ10Michael - I might earn a small commission from your purchase, and I think you in advance of using it.    

I'd love to know which card is your fav, if you have one!  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...