Sunday, July 2, 2023

Yes, It's A Holiday Collaboration | World UFO Day | I Believe...Do You?


Hello everyone and welcome to a new Yes, It's a Holiday Collaboration with my Instagram friends - Debra and Lori.  Today we are helping to celebrate World UFO Day!  According to National Today, UFOs have been the stuff of legend for centuries, but it wasn't until the 1950s that flying saucers grabbed national and international attention.  

So, why July 2nd, you ask.  This date represents the anniversary of the famed 1947 incident in Roswell, New Mexico where people believe a UFO crashed.   What do you believe?  Leave a comment, below, letting me know.  

To read more about today's holiday, just click HERE

The idea behind this card started with this card, below, which I made for Pride in about 5 minutes using an LGBT sticker.  I thought it was such a cool idea, I decided to make a card for today using stamps and dies.

How to make this card:

  • I made a top-folding A2 card using black cardstock.  
  • Then I cut a piece of white cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5", and used a cloud stencil, broken china distress ink, and a blending brush to blend in some clouds on the card front.  No need to go all the way down since the bottom half will be covered.
  • I used my Cityscape die from Memory Box (circa 2012 and retired) to die-cut some black and gray cardstock.  I cannot find my solid Cityscape die so I traced the Cityscape die on yellow cardstock and had my Scan N Cut cut them out.  Then I adhered the black and gray pieces to the yellow.  
  • I adhered one of the gray/yellow Cityscapes to my card front and then die-cut it using a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to the black card base.

Before I could adhere the front layer of buildings, I needed to figure out where to place the UFO and abducted people.  
  • I stamped and fussy cut the UFO image - Galaxy Lover from Rubber Soul.  Sadly, this image is no longer being made but Rubber Soul is still going strong.  Yay!  
  • Then I cut a piece of yellow cardstock to look like a beam coming down from the ship and stamped a few of the images from the Festive Fun set from Card-io (thanks Sue for making me buy this set).  I also layered it on a piece of black cardstock so it would pop off the front of the card.

Now I can work with the placement.  
  • I held the front layer of buildings in my fingers while I adhered the yellow piece with the abducted aliens in place using wet glue.

Now to finish off the card.
  • I adhered the UFO and the front layer of buildings to the card using foam tape to give a 3D look. 
  • Following an idea my friend Sue gave me, I added Yellow Stickles to the lights under the UFO.
  • And, lastly, to make my sentiment, I used Wavy Banner Sentiments and the matching Wavy Banner Dies - both from Heffy Doodle

I had so much fun making this card.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  If you have Instagram, it would be awesome if you could stop by my friends' pages to see what they came up with for National UFO Day.  Links to our Instagram pages are below.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Leave a comment below and tell me if you believe UFO sightings are real and if others exist out there.  Me? I totally believe.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...