Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Rum is Gone? Where's The Rum? | Technique Junkies | Pirate Cards


Hello everyone and welcome to July.  Today I am sharing 2 cards I made using the new Rum is Gone stamp which is part of the July 2023 Release from Technique Junkies.  

When I saw Rum Is Gone stamp it brought back so many memories of my college days.  I used to go to clubs with my friends Chris, Jorge, and Gayle and Gayle always ordered Malibu Rum and Coke and she loved to say "I'm the reason they are out of rum".  Good times, good memories.  

Did you know that pirates gravitate toward the colors red and black?  Yup.  I asked Google.  Most pirate flags are red and black.  Don't believe me?  Click HERE!

So, I decided to make 2 cards using those colors for inspiration.  Of course, having pirate-themed scrapbook paper on hand with one side being red and the other black, helped a lot.    This paper was made by a Brasilian company but, sadly, they are gone.  BUT...I found THIS digital pirate scrapbook paper that you can download and use for FREE.  It even has a skull and crossbones on black and red paper if you wish to remake this card idea.  

To make these cards...

  • I made 2 A2 card bases using black cardstock.
  • I used a stitched rectangle die (4" x 5.25") to cut a piece of the red and a piece of the black skull and crossbones papers and adhered 1 to each card front.
  • I stamped Rum is Gone using black ink on white cardstock and die-cut them with a stitched square die.
  • I layered each of them on a piece of black cardstock.  Then I adhered a piece of fun foam under the black cardstock and then to the card front.  On an angle. 
  • I added some white enamel dots to the black card and black enamel dots to the red card.
  • And, lastly, I glued googly eyes to the skull and crossbones at the top of the Rum is Gone image.


The card below also uses Rum is Gone but you'll have to click HERE on the Technique Junkies blog to see how I made it.  Hope to see you there.    


Just a reminder that today is the last day to get any or all of the July 2023 release at a 15% discount.  After today, full price.  If you go shopping and see other things on the Technique Junkies website that you want, you can get a 10% discount using my "friends & family discount code" - TJ10Michael.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope I see you over on the Technique Junkies blog too.  Let me know what you think of these cards...I'd love to know.  Leave a comment below.  And, as always, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...