Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - July 2023 Edition

Hello everyone and welcome to the July 2023 Edition of the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  If this is your first time, this is a collaboration that I do on the 25th of each month with some of my fellow Crafty Elves - Debra (Meticulosity), Lisa (Live of a BZ Scrapper), and Misty (The Jolly Fat Elf).   Links to their projects and all of our social media pages are at the end of this blog post.  


The idea for this card came about while I was looking in my box of Technique Junkies stamps.  I found this Christmas Lights stamp that had yet to be used.  If you have been following me for some time, you know I love making cards with Christmas lights.  And this is such an easy and fun card to make. 

  • I made a top-folding A2 card with white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock to the front.
  • I stamped Christmas Lights on a piece of white cardstock and die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.
  • I colored in each of the bulbs using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers, applied some Glossy Accents to each bulb (Diamond Glaze will also work), and I set it aside to fully dry overnight. 
  • Once fully dry, I adhered this to a piece of fun foam and then to the card front. 
  • I stamped Season's Greetings Sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and die-cut it using a 2.25" Stitched Square die from Gina Marie Designs. 
  • I die-cut a piece of red cardstock using the next size up Stitched Square die.
  • I layered the white square on the red square and then on the card front. 


Done!  Easy Peasy.  Other than waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry.  Another idea I had was to add Stickles to the bulbs.  Hmmmm.....

I hope you have enjoyed this quick idea for a Christmas card.  I hope you will find a few minutes in your day to stop by the other Crafty Elves' posts to see what they have come up with.  Links are all below and it would be great if you followed us too.  But not a requirement.  LOL

Michael - World of Michael Trent

Debra - Meticulosity
Blog (today's card)

Lisa - Life of a BZ Scrapper
Blog (today's card)

Misty - The Jolly Fat Elf
YouTube Channel (today's card)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I would love to know what you think of this card idea - leave a comment below.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. What a fun background! Love that stamp! And look at you with all of our links!! What a great idea! I'm gonna copy that. Fab card as always!!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...