Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Let's Cruise Album for Maik | Carta Bella Paper Collection | Your Book of Memories

 

Hello everyone!  I hope y'all are doing well and staying cool.  Today I am sharing an album I made for a friend in town.  His name is Maik, he's 21, and about to embark on the biggest adventure of his life - working on a cruise ship in Europe for 8 months.  

I met Maik at an event at a language school that my friend owns back when he was only 17 or 18 and a student at the school.  I was really impressed with how good his English was considering he had only been learning for about 6 months.  After getting to know him more over the years, he told me that his dream was to travel the world as a flight attendant and he lived and breathed learning English.  

He had just gotten his certificate at Flight Attendant School when the pandemic hit and everything changed.  It was impossible to get a job on an airline and when planes began to fly again, they were not really hiring.  But he kept studying and focusing on getting out of this town and seeing the world.   

And this week he began working on a cruise line in Europe.  For 8 months.  Yikes!  Now, for most of us, this is not a big deal.  But for him, a dream come true.  He gets out of this town and, at 21, gets to see Europe, improve his English even more, meet amazing people, see amazing countries, and maybe, in the future, get a job as a flight attendant.  I am super proud of him and had to make this album for him to memorialize this time.  

A walk-thru of the album can be watched below or over on my YouTube channel.


For those interested - 

I used the Beginner's Mini Album Tutorial from Your Book of Memories.  The album comes together in less than 2 hours - from start to finish - and if you want to get started making albums, I highly recommend this one. 

I decorated the album using papers from the digital version of the Let's Cruise Mega Collection from Carta Bella.  This paper was designed by Steve Duncan and is really amazing.  You can get the digital version on Snap Click Supply and if you want the physical paper, ask your local scrapbook store or check online.

The album holds about 25 photos with plenty of space in the envelopes and pockets for even more.  

And here are photos of the book.  The video is better.  Just saying!  













I spoke to Maik right before he left and he decided to leave the book home with his parents and will fill it with photos when he returns.  But I am happy that it's there waiting for him and that he saw it before he left so he knows he has to fill it eventually.

I hope you have enjoyed this simple but beautiful album.  I'd love to know what you think - of the album, the papers, etc.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...