Thursday, December 1, 2022

Yes, It's A Holiday - National Christmas Lights Day

 


Hello everyone.  Today is a new "Yes, It's a Holiday" collaboration with my friend Debra and today we are celebrating National Christmas Lights Day!  I love Christmas lights.  Especially white ones.  I am such a bad Jewish boy.  But, I love the menorah too!  LOL

According to National Today, before the invention of electric lights, families would balance candles on branches of their Christmas trees.  I betcha there were way too many fires during those times.  Electric Christmas lights were first invented in 1880 by Thomas Edison, who promptly strung them all over the outside of his Menlo Park lab.  You can read more about this cool holiday by clicking on the link below:

https://nationaltoday.com/national-christmas-lights-day/

To help celebrate today, I made two cards using the same image with only 1 big difference.  But, first I needed an image of Christmas lights, which I didn't seem to have.  Well, I probably do have one or two but I cannot find them and I probably already used them so, let's get a digi.  I jumped on Etsy and found THIS simple, fun, and cheap digital image from Clip Art Warehouse.  $.99 - how can I go wrong?

I prepared my card front in Pages and then printed two of them out on a sheet of A4 white cardstock.  They are sized a bit larger than an A2 card front and, by printing two to a sheet, I can make two cards.  Then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut one of them out. The other one is for another card on another day.



Then I colored in the lights using some fun markers from Zebra - Mildliner Warm Color Set and Cool & Refined Set - that my friend Debra sent me a while ago.  Then I applied Diamond Glaze to each of the lights to give a glass effect.


I adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back and then I adhered it to my red A2 card front.  After hemming and hawing whether to add a sentiment to the card front or not, I finally decided to just add 3 large crystals and a sentiment inside the card.  



Done!

Here's another card I made.  This time I used a Versamarker pen on the lights and I embossed them with clear embossing powder.  You still get some shimmer but not like when I used the Diamond Glaze.  

And, for this one, I used a sentiment from the 3D All I want for Christmas Scrapbook Stickers from Paper House Productions.  And the inside, I made myself.  :-)



Done.  Again.  I love them both for different reasons.  I love how the Diamond Glaze really makes the lights pop but I love the sentiment on the 2nd card.  Which is your fav if you have one?

Please hop on over to Debra's Instagram page to see what she made for today's holiday.  And, follow us if you want.  It would be cool if you did.  Below are our IG pages.  Just click on our names to go to each of them.  

MY IG Page
Debra's IG Page
Lori's IG Page

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and, as always, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas lights too, and I can’t pick a fave here! Love them both for the same reasons as you! I do have light stamps, but appreciate learning about the digital downloads.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...