Sunday, December 25, 2022

Crafty Elves Countdown To Christmas - December 2022 Edition - New Year Cards

 


Hello...hello...hello!  First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate.  Second, welcome to the December 2022 edition of the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas, where, on the 25th of each month, the elves - me, Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and Misty of The Jolly Fat Elf - post some ideas and creations to help you with your Christmas and holiday cardmaking.

I celebrate everything this time of year.  Yesterday was my birthday and, being Jewish, I celebrate Hanukkah.  But, since all of my friends growing up were Catholic and Italian, I also love to decorate and shop for Christmas.  I hope everyone had a great holiday, no matter what you celebrate.  

This month, instead of showing you ideas for Christmas or Hanukkah, I thought I would show you some ideas for New Year cards - if you make them.  

For both of these card ideas, I used two dies from my stash - both from Memory Box - Share The Happiness and Parker Upper Alphabet Set.  If you don't own them, you might have an alphabet die set that will work.  And, there are so many "happy" dies and alphabet die sets on the market, that I don't think you will have any problems re-creating these cards if you wish to do so.  Also, these dies are from 2015, and, believe it or not, Frantic Stamper still has several of the Share the Happiness die in stock and she has a lot of alphabet dies.  So, you might want to go check her out.  

Let's get craftin...

Card No. 1

I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die that measures 4" x 5.25".  Then I die cut the words "Happy" using the Share The Happiness die set and I used the letters from the Parker Upper Alphabet Set to form the words "New" and "Year".

Then I cut a piece of acetate and adhered it to the back.  


I turned this over and adhered foam tape around the 4 sides and around the letters.  I am only going to add shaker elements to where the words are.


Before I add the shaker elements, I made an A2 card using white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative confetti digital paper. 


I turned the piece with the die-cut words over, brushed the inside with an embossing buddy to remove any static, and then I added my shaker elements.  



Then I carefully and slowly removed the tape backing (to avoid any small beads jumping on the adhesive), added a small amount of wet glue so that I will have some time to move the card around if needed, and then I adhered my card base to the top.  Once it was secure, I picked it up, turned it over, and made sure the card front was centered.  I also added 3 small blue sequins to the card front to finish it off.



Done!

Card No. 2


For this card, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.  Then I die-cut the words New and Year using the Parker Upper Alphabet Set (Memory Box/retired) but I kept the words to the right side.

I also made a top-folding A2 card base using black cardstock.


Next, I place the Lots of Happy stencil (Heffy Doodle) on top of the white cardstock, securing it with a piece of washi tape and I used various Gina K inks and a brush on the words.  



I adhered some foam tape behind and then adhered this to my black card base. And, since the blue sequins were out, I added 3 small ones to the card front too.


Done!

I hope you guys like these ideas for a New Year card.  I also hope you can find some time to go check out what Debra, Lisa, and Misty have made.  All of our social media links are below.





Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and a very very very Happy New Year.  Stay safe and enjoy.  I will be back again in 2023!

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. Great New Year shakers and loved the process photos! I've enjoyed following the elves all year long and look forward to seeing your creations in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun new year cards! I love the way you used the alpha dies!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...