Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Woodblock Wednesday - 'Tis the Season to Sparkle

 


Hello everyone and welcome to another Woodblock Wednesday post.  This is the day that I dust off a woodblock stamp and finally ink it up.  Most of the time I am also using other stamps and supplies from my stash that need some loving.  I am playing along with my friend Amy Tsurata in her Woodblock Wednesday Challenge.  

If you would like to play along, use the graphic below and remember to use #woodblockwednesday and #woodblockstamps in your post so that we can see what you created.  


For today's Woodblock Wednesday, I am using a large background stamp from The Artful Stamper.  I have had this in my stash for years and, sadly, I did not see it on their site.  But, you can go check them out because they have some really nice images.  I am also using a retired rubber stamp (not on the wood) from Memory Box

I started by stamping the image on a piece of white cardstock using Vintage Green Vivid Inkpad by Clearsnap.  It was a bit wet so I heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die measuring 4" x 5.25".

Next, I made a top folding A2 card using some red cardstock in my stash.  I also adhered a piece of fun foam to the back of my image.  Then I adhered the image to the card front using wet glue. 



While that was drying, I stamped my sentiment, 'tis the season to sparkle (Memory Box/retired), on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I die-cut it using an oval die from Petite Ovals Large (Spellbinders/retired) and adhered it to the card front using some foam tape. 



Lastly, I adhered flatback crystals to each of the green dots, and one to the sentiment.  And I adhered a piece of white cardstock to the inside for a message.  



I hope you have enjoyed this card idea using stamps from my stash.  Are you playing along?  Let me know...leave a comment below so I can check out what you made.  

Until next time....hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. An absolutely beauty Michael! Thanks you so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I love this sparkly card with all the sparkles and the perfect sentiment. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...