Saturday, February 13, 2021

The "Love Wins" Instagram Hop

 


Hello everyone.  I am honored to be taking part in the "Love Wins" Instagram Hop.  The purpose of this hop is to support and bring awareness to LGBT+ creators and craft companies that support the community.

I decided to also do a blog post for those that would like a more detailed step by step of how I made cards or the products I used.  BUT...in order to participate in the hop and be eligible to win some amazing prizes, please go check out my IG Page - HERE - for all the details.  

The hop runs from today, February 14, 2021 (Valentine's Day) until Saturday, February 20, 2121 and there are some really cool giveaways to win. 

I was asked to make 1 card but I ended up making 3 cards.  I guess you can call this blog post "Love Wins Three Ways" and I hope y'all like what I created.  My cards were really all inspired by THIS art print that I found on Etsy a few weeks ago by chance.  {If you love it, go buy it!} As soon as I saw it I thought how cool it would look as a card.  Or 3.     




Card No. 1


  • I started by making a top-folding, 4" x 9", slimline card out of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of rainbow(ish) striped paper from my stash.  


  • Using the largest die from the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio, I cut another piece of white cardstock.
  • Using Finley's ABCs alphabet dies from Lawn Fawn, I prepared the word LOVE and secured the letters with a piece of painter's tape.  And then I secured this to the center of my white cardstock.  It's a 1" tall letter set and it worked perfectly.


  • I die cut the word "LOVE" and then I proceeded to die cut the word 6 more times leaving a small gap between each line.  Keep all the letters that you cut out. 



  • I then adhered this to my card front over the striped lines so the rainbow colors popped thru the die cut words.  Now I had to decide whether to glue the center of the "O" or leave it the way it was.  Hmmmmm.......


  • I decided to glue the centers down.



  • Next, I stamped and die cut the word "WINS" using another Lawn Fawn alphabet called Owen's ABCs and the matching Owen's ABCs dies.  



  • I adhered the letters to the card front using pop dots and then, to finish off the card, I applied some Glossy Accents over each letter to give them a glassy look.  


Card No. 2


For this card, I basically did the same as above with a few minor changes and making it more of a white on white card.
  • Instead of covering the whole card front with the striped paper, I cut a piece slightly smaller than the stitched rectangle section so the stripes would only show thru where the letters had been cut out.
  • I did not glue down the center of the letter "O".
  • For the "WINS" banner, I stamped the letters on to a piece of white cardstock, made a fishtail of one end, and then layered it on another fishtail banner cut out using the striped paper for the banner.  
  • I also added pop dots behind the "WINS" and I used Glossy Accents again on the letters.

Card No. 3


For this card I went with a simple, layered, top-folding A2 card size.
  • I started with a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock on which I adhered a piece of Bazzill Bling cardstock from my stash.  And, using the 2nd largest die from the Stitched  Rectangle Set 1 from Pink & Main, I cut another two pieces of white cardstock.  They will be layered on each other.



  • Using the Cole's ABCs die set from Lawn Fawn, I secured the words "LOVE WINS" with some washi tape and die cut them out of one of the pieces of white cardstock -3 times.






  • On the 2nd piece of white cardstock cut earlier, I ran strips of rainbow washi tape across where the letters will be.  I was only able to get 4 colors but that's okay.  


  • I adhered this piece to the piece with the cut out letters allowing the rainbow washi to show thru. 
     
  • Then I adhered this to a piece of black cardstock leaving a very tiny border and then to the card front.   

     
  • Lastly, I die cut a small heart from my stash using the same Bazzill cardstock and adhered them in the middle of the words using a piece of foam tape. 


And those are my 3 "Love Wins" cards for this Instagram Hop.  Feel free to leave a comment below letting me know what you think of this hop and which is your favorite card, if you have one.  

Remember to head over to my Instagram page - HERE - follow the directions and check out all the other amazing creations.  Lots of great prizes to be won!  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I appreciate you taking the time from your day to do so.  Happy Valentine's Day, if you celebrate it, and, until next time -

Hugs from Brasil - 
~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...