Monday, February 1, 2021

It's A Girl Thing - Turner Syndrome 2021 Blog Hop

 

Hello everyone and welcome to my project for the "It's A Girl Thing: Turner Syndrome Awareness 3rd Annual Blog Hop" (that's a mouthful) and, this year, we have added a Card Challenge - so that people can play along with us and win prizes.

What is Turner Syndrome?  It's a genetic disorder where a female is born missing partial or all of her second X chromosome, leaving her with life-long medical issues and learning disabilities.  This condition occurs one in every 2,000 female births worldwide, but is more common among pregnancies that do not survive to full term. 

This is why Turner Syndrome Females are considered MIRACLES!

22 Caring and Generous Sponsors and 12 Design Team Members are offering prizes to a commenter and card maker and they are helping bring Turner Syndrome Awareness to the public.  For details on how you might win any of these fabulous prizes, please see Lori's Turner Syndrome Home Page.  And thank you for learning about Turner Syndrome.  

Prize winners will be announced on March 13th, 2021.

My Turner Syndrome related project is inspired by the Turner Syndrome Foundation Mood Board. 


For my card, I used a brand new stamp set called Butterflies 3 from Anthony's Paper Craft, who is also one of the Sponsors of this hop.  Information on how you can win one of these new stamps sets is at the end of this post.  

  • I started by making my card base using the colors from the mood board, above.  I made a top folding A2 card using dark pink cardstock.  
  • Using one of the dies from the Stitched Rectangle Set 1 from Pink & Main, I cut a piece of white cardstock, on which I stamped two of the sentiments from the Butterflies 3 stamp set.  Then I adhered it to the inside of the card.  
 
  • Using the same size stitched rectangle die, I cut a piece of light pink cardstock on which I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment {yes, I know, again} from the Butterflies 3 stamp set.
  • Then I layered a piece of designer paper from my stash, 1.5" x 5.5", on to a piece of the darker pink cardstock and then I adhered this to the card front so it sat just above the stamped sentiment.
 

  • I stamped 3 of the butterflies and fussy cut them using some fine tip scissors by Martha Stewart.  (The matching dies to the stamps are still in production at the time of this blog post).
  • Then I colored them in using BIC Intensity Markers. 

  • Then I adhered them with foam squares to the card front.

  • Then I went a little crazy and adhered crystals on the wings.  Where a crystal would not fit, I colored in the small circles. 

And here is the front and inside of the final card -


Now for the prizes you can win!  Make sure you go to Lori's Turner Syndrome Home Page, which can be found HERE and follow her directions.  Many of the Design Team Members are offering prizes on their individual pages and Lori has prizes from all the Sponsors to give away. 

Two of the prizes are this new Butterflies 3 stamp set from Anthony's Paper Craft.  


And, last but not least, I have a prize package that can be yours too.  A brand new Butterfly paper collection from a Brasilian paper company, along with a package of butterfly rub-ons and butterfly stickers, both from my stash but brand new.   

 

Just leave a comment on this page and either follow my blog or subscribe to it.  For an extra chance of winning the prize package, follow me on my Instagram page, HERE.  Contest is open globally.   

Good luck everyone.  Please remember to stop by the other blogs in this hop and check out all the amazing cards...you can enter your own card to win more prizes too. 

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

48 comments:

  1. Beautifully created card with all the glorious sparkle of the gems! I first became aware of TS when I joined Lori's TS hop two years ago and was stunned to learn that TS is one in 2000 girl births, I am happy to be a part of this awareness hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diane. I became aware last year when Lori asked me to take part and I am happy to do what I can to spread awareness. 1 in every 2,000 is a scary number. Glad we are doing our part together.

      Delete
  2. oooh, i love, love your card and tutorial, Michael! Thank you for sharing and educating me about Turners Syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bonnie! Glad you like my post and I appreciate you stopping by my blog today. Hope you get a chance to check out all other cards.

      Delete
  3. WOW absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy to be on this TS Awareness journey with you! Please stay safe & well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Darlene. I am happy to be on the journey with you too. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

      Delete
  4. Michael those butterflies are awesome! I love the way you colored them, making your card so bright and beautiful! I love all the bling you added to your sweet butterflies too! Thank you so much for being a part of this blog hop again in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lori. Not only for your comments but for asking me to be part of this journey of bringing awareness to my followers.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card Michael. I love how you colored all the butterflies. Fun being on this hop with you to share awareness for TS. I love it.
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diana for your comments. It is fun being on this hop with so many talented folk.

      Delete
  6. Always love your cards and this one is absolutely perfect for this Hop !! Your butterflies are gorgeous and you always have amazing pictures in your posts .. It's nice to be involved in this inspirational and educational Hop again with you !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra for your kind comments. I love being on the blog hop with you and spreading awareness of Turner Syndrome.

      Delete
  7. Your card is stunning - love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulously "sparkle-full" creation, Michael! Your bejeweled wonders are just marvelous done in those pretty colors. I especially admire how well the jewels are placed on your pretty butterflies. It's a pleasure being your teammate in spreading the news during the annual Turner Syndrome Awareness Hop! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card you made with the beautiful butterflies on it. So very well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your blog and your Instagram :)
    I LOVE these butterflies! Just stunning colors and great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Your butterflies are gorgeous, and that sentiment is perfect for the hop! It’s been nice hopping with you again! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bold, modern look of your butterflies and have to say that I'm really impressed with your fussy cutting skills! In addition, all those jewels make this card SHINE! Following your blog and on IG as karenladd510

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is fabulous. I love the gems you added and the beautiful background you made. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this bright birthday card with the sweet sentiment inside. Your coloring is amazing. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the bold, pretty colors as well as all the bling. Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is gorgeous and I love the sentiment you added too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, like all the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those butterflies with the bright colors and gems look just like jewelry perched on your card. Thank you for participating and helping spread the word about TS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these beautiful flutters by with an extra oomph factor with crystal addition, great sentiment too!
    A happy new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your butterflies are magnificent....really beautiful! I hope to play along and spread the word over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these gorgeous butterflies! Beautiful card! Such a pretty detail with the crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Michael
    Love your card and the crystal have made the butterflies pop. Stay safe and blessed

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness!! Just amazing way to jazz up those butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those butterflies on your card are so awesome! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely work. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog hop to raise awareness for The Turner Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the saturation of colors on those butterflies. And who doesn't love lots of sparkly gems!!! Thanks for bringing awareness about Turner Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tutorial for this beautiful card! Thank you for bringing awareness about the Turner Syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your butterflies are beautiful and I like your gorgeous background. Thank you for the generous prize - I would be grateful to win. I am your newest follower - if you would like to hop over and follow me too, here's a link to my blog:
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such lovely butterflies. A personal favorite of mine! Thank you for helping all of us become more aware of Turner Syndrome. It is such an important cause and you are a wonderful ambassador. Keep up the good work! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the bright bold colors in these beautiful and fancy butterflies. The gorgeous gems you patterned on the wings were the perfect touch. The card is a lovely inspiration to bring awareness to Turner syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the fun butterflies and your color choices. The bling adds to the joy of the image. Your inside sentiment is wonderful. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful butterfly card! I love all the fabulous detail on it! Thanks for being a part of the Turner Syndrome hop. I follow you now on Instagram plus your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful card! Thank you for helping share the word about turner's Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG... This is so so beautiful.. I really love how you have bling the butterflies ..Totally love it .. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is stunning! I can't believe that you colored this with Bic markers! It is gorgeous! Thank you for helping to educate people about TS!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love those beautiful butterflies! Thank you for sharing in this hop for TS!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Fabulous card. Love the butterflies and the colours...so pretty!
    I'm your newest follower here on the blog and on IG too.
    Hugs, Valerija

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love these amazing butterflies!! Your card is fabulous.
    I am a new follower here and on Instagram!
    Thank you for your part in this important hop and for offering such a generous prize!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful card and I love all the butterflies! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your butterflies are fabulous! I love the flower power late sixties early seventies vibe. Thank you for helping to increase awareness of Turner Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...