Wednesday, February 10, 2021

"It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome 2021 Card Challenge

 


Hello everyone!!  As some of you may know, February is Turner Syndrome Awareness Month, and each year I participate in a blog hop helping to bring awareness of Turner Syndrome.  The 2021 Blog Hop is happening now and there are lots of prizes to be won.  And, if you make a card and promote it on your social media, you will have even chances to win.  All the info you need is HERE.


I've already made one card, which you can see HERE, but I wanted to make some more.  Butterflies are the symbol of Turner Syndrome so I pulled out one of my favorite butterfly stamps for this card - Swallowtail from Stampin Up.  It's long retired but still a great image.

  • I started with a piece of white cardstock. 5" x 5", which I place in my Misti, and then I stamped the Swallowtail butterfly image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  




  • I colored in my image using a variety of Dual Brush Tombow pens trying to stay as close to the colors of the Mood Board.  I used 055, 133, 703, 761, and 985.



  • Next, I stamped the world "hello" from the Simply Celebrate set, also retired and from Stampin Up.

  • I made a top-folding card base, 5.5" from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  Then I layered the butterfly piece on to a piece of black cardstock and then on to the card front. 


      
  • Lastly, I added some Glam Pink and Yellow Stickles (Ranger) to the wings.



    Here is the final card. 


I hope you can take some time to go support the Turner Syndrome Blog Hop or maybe, make a card and be entered to win many many prizes.  If you do, let me know so I can go check it out!  

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

8 comments:

  1. Michael this is stunning! I love the way you colored that beautiful butterfly! Please enter this in the challenge! Thank you for helping me spread awareness of Turner Syndrome! I am so glad you are a part of the blog hop and card challenge! Stay Safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is awesome and this card is so beautiful. It makes me happy to know you are paying it forward. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, Love the vibrant colors you used on your butterfly! Thank you for helping spread the awareness of Turner Syndrome! Stay safe and happy crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael,gorgeous just gorgeous thanks for sharing your work is enjoyed all the time by me thanks again ! 🐒💕🐢

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michael this is just beautiful! Awesome coloring and design ... thanks for the tips/tricks! Thanks also for helping to spread the word about Turner Syndrome! Stay safe & healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a great butterfly! Thanks for supporting the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all your butterfly cards!! Such incredible coloring!
    Thank you for your part in this important hop and for offering such a generous prize!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...