Thursday, September 3, 2020

Slimline Back To School Card

 


Hello Hello Hello everyone!!  It's time for a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  If you would like to play along with us for Challenge No. 150, here is the "inspiration photo" that the team had to work with - 

  


I am also going to enter this card into a few "anything goes" card challenge blogs if you want to play along with them too.



As soon as I saw the photo that the Design Team had to work with, I got the idea in my head to make a slimline card with books stacked up high and a girl sitting at the top, reading. 

Let's first make a top-folding slimline card - 

  • I cut two pieces of white cardstock, 3.5" x 8.5" and 3.5" x 9".  
  • I placed the 2nd piece with the 9" side along the top of my scoreboard and scored at 1/2".    
  • Then I burnished the 1/2" section, applied double-sided tape to it, and adhered it to piece 1 to form the card.   
  
Now that the top-folding slimline card is done, I then adhered a piece of red cardstock to the front.  

Now for the papers -  

I used the digital version of Echo Park's Back to School Mega Collection and I printed a full A4 page of one design (the one with the script on the blackboard) and the other page with the small journaling cards. 

Now for the digi stamps - 

Using a graphics program (Pages), I imported the 2 digital stamps I wanted to use on the card front - Book Stack and Girl Book Sitter both by Bugaboo Stamps.  (If you want to recreate this card but with a boy, they also have a Boy Book Sitter image).  Then I printed several of the book image and two of the girl image on to white cardstock (I plan on making more than one card).  

This is what you should have now - 



Next, I cut a piece of "script on the blackboard" paper to 3.25" x 8.25" and adhered it to the card front.  I also fussy cut the image on the small journaling card that says "what we learn becomes who we are" and put it to the side to use later.

Then, I colored 4 of the book stacks and one of the girl reading.  Then I fussy cut the images.  

This is what you should have now - 


Now to put the card together -

Before adhering the books down, I do a test to see how they will stack.  You will need to cut some off or cut them apart to your liking.  Just remember to leave room for the girl at the top. 

When I have it they way I want, I adhere the books using foam tape and then the girl at the top sitting on the book stack.  You will need to put some glue on her legs, not foam tape, as they will adhere to the books.



Lastly, I adhered the quote we cut out earlier, using foam tape and wet glue, and I put some Glossy Accents on the glasses so they look like glass when dry.  



Here is the final card.  


I have a friend who is a teacher here and I think this will be a perfect gift for her for her house or classroom.  I'd love to know what you think of the card.  And, if you play along with the challenge, please let me know so I can check out your creation.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Any teacher would surely be happy to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...