Thursday, September 17, 2020

You're A Gem of a Friend

 


Hello y'all.  I hope everyone is okay and trying to stay as safe as possible.  2020 has certainly been a trying year for all of us.  We are moving out of winter into spring but considering how hot it is here I think we jumped right to summer.  But I do love the heat! 

It's that time - a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 151 and it's all about gems...diamonds...shiny rocks...or, maybe, a rainbow! Here is the inspiration photo the Design Team had to work with should you wish to join us!


Although I used some older items from my stash to make this card, there are plenty of newer items on the market that can be used in their places if you want to recreate the card.  

I started by making a top-folding A2 card base using white cardstock.  Then I covered it with a piece of decorative scrapbook paper.  I also cut another piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and embossed it using the Gems Background Embossing Folder by Darice.   


Next, I used a piece of glittered paper and the Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip - Naturally Serif, to cut out the letters for my sentiment - "you're a GEM of a friend". Although it's discontinued, there are plenty of alphabet dies out there that can be used.  


Next, I adhered the Gems Background to my card front.  Then I adhered each of the letters to the card front to form my sentiment.  You can use liquid glue if you want but I used my Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker.   




The last thing I did was to apply Clear Wink of Stella in all the gems to give shimmer to the card front and the gems.  


I hope you enjoyed this card idea.  If you want to play along with us, just click HERE to be taken to the challenge blog. If you play along with the challenge, please let me know so I can check out your creation.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...