Friday, September 4, 2020

Happy Birthday Cupcake!


Hi everyone!!  I hope y'all are doing okay.  We have a long weekend coming up also (Monday is Brasil's Independence Day) and we are planning a day trip to an Olive tree farm where they make their own olive oil. I hope.  We are hearing that some towns are closing their borders so, we'll see.  

Today's card was made using Cupcakes 1 from Anthony's Paper Craft and I think it's perfect, not just for someone that loves cupcakes, but also for a birthday. 

On a side note, before we get to the step by step - Misty, The Jolly Fat Elf, did a great video (and has one or two more coming) showing what she did with the set too.  Check it out HERE!
   
Now...for my card.

I started by making a card base out of white cardstock, 4" x 9", which I covered with decorative paper from my stash.

Then I cut another piece of white cardstock, 3.5" x 8.5", which I put into my Misti, and, using a center ruler, I stamped the sentiment in the center.  



Then I stamped the various cupcakes going in different directions so they surrounded the sentiment.   


Next, I colored in all the cupcakes using Prismacolor and Letraset markers and then I layered it on a piece of pink cardstock, 3 5/8" x 8 5/8".




Lastly, working slowly, I adhered various colors of Stickles as the frosting on the cupcakes and set it aside to completely dry.  I used Yellow, Firefly, Lavender, Glam Pink, and Frosted Lace Stickles. 


Here is the final card after everything dried.


And here is another card I made but this time I used Clear Wink of Stella on the cupcake frosting and I stamped my sentiment separately and added to the lower corner.


Done!  I'd love to know what you think.  Feel free to leave me a comment below.  I have another card or two using the Cupcakes 1 set so keep a look out for them in the next few days.  

Have a safe weekend everyone.  And, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...