Thursday, April 16, 2020

You Are The Mac to My Cheese...



Hello everyone!  I hope everyone had a good Easter or Passover if you celebrate, and that everyone is safe and doing well.  We are still under quarantine although, according to the news here, only 48% of the town is following it.  I am staying in and making cards...and mini albums...and cakes...and cookies...  

Today's card is for Challenge No. 140 on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We received a lot of entries for our last challenge and we are keeping this challenge as an "anything goes" challenge again with the hopes of keeping you crafters busy.    

Below is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their projects.  If you want to join us, which I hope you do, feel free to use the photo or make any card you want to make since it is now "anything goes".  




I decided to go with the photo inspiration and used the You Are The Mac To My Cheese digital image from Drawn by Krista on Etsy.  I LOVE mac n cheese!

I opened the image in Pages on my MAC and added the sentiment "You Are The Mac To My Cheese" under the image.  Then I used an "X" Stitched Square die (Gina Marie Designs) to cut the image out.  

I also cut Confetti Plate (Retired/Spellbinders) from a piece of yellow cardstock - to get the look of cheese.

And I made a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock.


I colored in the mac and the cheese using a few Sharpie markers including Neon Yellow on the mac.  I also cut a piece of fun foam and adhered it to the back.   



Lastly, I adhered the yellow "cheese" to the card front.  Then I adhered the mac n cheese image to the yellow cardstock.  



Done!  This card could not be any simpler or faster to make and you could make this for your "cheese" in less than 15 minutes.  I'm not even adding any stickles or sequins.  I think it's perfect just the way it is.  

What do you think?  I'd love to know!  Please feel free to leave a comment below.  I'd love to know what you think of the card.  If you take part in the challenge, please let me know so I can go and check out your creation! 


As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Remember, you can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE with photos of my crafty stuff, dogs, food, Brasil...normal stuff.  

Stay safe everyone and until next time, hugs from Brasil - 


~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...