Saturday, April 11, 2020

Beauty Begins The Moment You.....



Hello everyone!!  I've lost track of what day this is let alone the number of days we have been in quarantine.  At least I am keeping busy, which also keeps me sane.  And, with 7 dogs....life is never boring here.  

Today I have a special card or inspirational "home decor" piece.  I fell in love with this digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard called Anything Is Possible.  As soon as I saw the flower corner stamp and these sentiments, this idea popped into my head.  With so many people spending time alone these days, I am afraid that a lot of people might be questioning themselves.  And I think it's important to reinforce the facts that you can be whatever you want to me and you can achieve whatever you want as long as you believe in yourself.  

I started by manipulating the corner image from the Anything is Possible set in Pages (on a MAC) to give a frame.  I sized it so that I could have two on one sheet of A4 white cardstock.  In the center of one, I also added one of the sentiments.  This way, I am able to get two projects made.



I used my Scan N Cut by Brother to cut the frames out with a small border.  Then I colored the one with the sentiment using some Prismacolor markers that I had in my stash.  For those that might want to know, I used Prismacolors in Orange (PM-16), Pink (PM-8), Poppy Red (PM-13), and Canary Yellow (PM-19) and Letraset (542-T). 



Using foam tape, I adhered this to a piece of black cardstock, so that the colors would pop, which I think they do, and then to a card front that I made out of white cardstock.   


Lastly, I used a variety of Stickles and adhered them over the flowers to really make this pop!  


I can write my message or letter on the inside and the person receiving it can prop this up on a shelf or desk and always have handy to remind them that "beauty begins the moment you decide to be YOURSELF".

I would love to know what you think of this idea. Please feel free to leave a comment below.  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!  Remember, you can also follow me on my Instagram page where I post photos of my crafts, the dogs, food and life in general here in the countryside of São Paulo, Brasil. 

Until next time, hugs from Brasil!!  Stay safe and wash your hands!  

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This card is gorgeous, Michael. I love your coloring and the inspiring sentiment. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...