Monday, April 13, 2020

It Doesn't Matter How Slow You Go.....


Hi everyone.  On Saturday I showed a card I made using the Anything Is Possible digital set from Polka Dot Orchard.  I printed two of the same frame and today I show you how I used the 2nd image to make  this "home decor" or desk project.  

I colored the 2nd frame using my Prismacolor markers again but I changed the color of the flowers.  I also cut a piece of black and pink cardstock so that I can layer them, and I cut a piece of black cardstock using the Small Easel die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix (sadly, retired).



I used the Angle Corner Chomper on the corners of the black and pink cardstock.  I adhered the black cardstock to the pink cardstock first, and then I adhered the frame to the black cardstock using foam tape - to give some dimension.  




Next, I adhered the Small Easel to the back of the pink cardstock so that it can sit up correctly.




To be honest, you could stop here and just put a nice photo in the center of the frame.  And it would look awesome.  But.....

I wanted to use another inspirational quote and I found the perfect one to use in the 
Camper Snail set.  I printed the sentiment on white cardstock, cut each word out, adhered them to the same pink cardstock, and then I adhered them to the frame using foam tape.  

   
I really love how this looks!  It all just pops.  The last thing I did was to apply some Yellow Stickles to the center of the biggest flowers and then I set it aside to dry completely.  




Now, it's done.  I toned it down a bit by not covering the whole thing in glitter glue.  And I know this will look great sitting on a shelf amongst some books or just sitting on a desk or work station as a reminder to just keep going.  

What do you think of this project?  I'd love to know.  Please feel free to leave a comment below.  And thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Stay safe...keep your social distance...and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Love the cards you've made the past few days with this beautiful digital image. The coloring and sentiments are inspiring, perfect for displaying with the easel. Oh, and now I want a Scan N Cut.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...