Thursday, March 19, 2020

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge - All About Feathers!



Hello everyone!!  I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe, and avoiding the Coronavirus!!  It's a crazy time on the planet and I am doing my part by buying Corona beer!  LOL  The rain has stopped and the sun has been burning brightly.  I like the sun since it keeps me creative and, hopefully, will keep the virus away too!

Today's card is for Challenge No. 138 on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog, which is all about birds, birdhouses, feathers, St. Patrick's Day, and hearts.  
If you would like to play along with us, here is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their project. 


I decided to go with the feather theme because, well, I love feathers.  I was once told that if you find a feather on the ground, it means that someone from the other side is watching over you.  I love that idea and have amassed a  large collection of feathers sitting in a jar by my workstation. 

I ended up making 4 cards using the Flutter Away Digital Stamp Set and the Flutter Away Digital Paper Pad from Gracielle Designs.  She also 
offers a bundle deal where you get the stamps and paper pad at a better price - Flutter Away Duo Bundle.  I've owned these for some time now and am finally getting around to using them.

I started by making 4 A2 cards out of white cardstock.  I also printed 4 of the digital papers from the Flutter Away Digital Paper Pad.  I printed two per sheet so I can get up to 8 cards made.  I also printed the feathers and two of the sentiments from the Flutter Away Digital Stamp Set.  



I used my Scan N Cut to cut the feathers with a border to make it look like I die cut them.  Then I colored them in using BIC Intensity Markers. 




Next, I printed 4 of the sentiments on to white cardstock and then die cut them using my Stitched Rectangle Die.  Before I printed, I played around with the sizing taking into account the feathers and how I wanted them to work with the sentiments.



Next, I cut my digital papers in half and adhered one of each to my card fronts.  The other half will be used for other cards.  Then I adhered one of the card fronts with the sentiments to each of the papers.  Then I had a package of small adhesive hearts that I adhered to each feather.  





The last thing I did was to add Crystal Stickles on the various small dots on each of the feathers.  Just to give a bit of shimmer.  Below are each of the 4 cards I made.


I love this sentiment.  How perfect for someone that
just got their degree, quit a job to pursue a dream,
or, maybe, is going on a long trip.  

Love comes in so many different ways.  

Sigh...having fun making memories with good
friends is what life is all about.


I hope you have enjoyed today's post and I hope you make a card to enter into the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  If you do, please let me know by leaving a comment below so that I can go and check it out!!

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and, until next time, hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

3 comments:

  1. I love feathers too and your cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, this card is simply stunning! I adore those feathers and all of the gorgeous colors you used and the sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO beautiful! Love the colors and that Irish blessing... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...