Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Crafty Elves Countdown to the Holidays - March 2020



Hello everyone and welcome to the Crafty Elves Countdown to the Holidays - March 2020 Edition.  

The elves (Debra, Lisa, Jessica, and myself) all feel strange to be making cards when the world is falling apart but we also need a bit of normalcy in our lives right now.  Playing with paper is my form of therapy. Hopefully, if we all keep our sanity and do our parts, we will be back to normal and these will help you with ideas for holiday cards!  

So, without further ado, here are my 4 Crafty Elves cards for March.  Please remember to check out the other Crafty Elves - Debra, Lisa, and Jessica (taking a break this week) - whose links are at the end of this post.

Oh, I decided to make a separate blog post next week for each of these cards.  They will include my normal photos of my step by step.  If I did that in this post you would be reading until Christmas.  LOL

Penguins Selling Snowballs - Card No. 1


  • I used a digi stamp called Snowball Penguins from Bugaboo Stamps to make this card.   
  • I started by printing 4 of the image at 80% on to a piece of white cardstock.  
  • Then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out one of the images.  
  • Using another of the images, I colored the penguins and the sign using BIC Intensity Markers.  
  • Then I fussy cut them out.  
  • I made my card base out of white cardstock, adhered a piece of decorative paper to the front, and then I adhered the image that I cut with the stitched rectangle die on top of the decorative paper.  
  • Using foam tape, I adhered the penguins and the sign to give a 3D effect.  
  • Then I used Frosted Lace, Red, and Firefly Stickles on the images to give some shimmer.
  • The inside of the card says "Happy Holidays".

Snowy Town on the Hill - Card No. 2


This is such an easy card to make.  Really.  I used the Houses on a Hill Die and the Santa Express and Santa Express Train Carts stamps sets - all from Your Next Stamp

  • I used a stitched rectangle die to cut a piece of decorative paper and a piece of white cardstock. 
  • Then I adhered the decorative paper to a piece of fun foam, which I then adhered to the card front.
  • I cut the Houses on a Hill die using the white cardstock, then I stamped the two sentiments (one from each stamp set), and then I adhered this to the decorative paper. 
Done!  I told you, super simple!

Dreidel Hannukah Card - Card No. 3



I didn't make a Hanukkah/Chanukah card for February and I felt guilty.  Jewish guilt maybe?  LOL  So I decided to make one for March 2020!


  • I adhered navy blue cardstock to my card front, I cut a lighter piece of blue cardstock using a stitched rectangle die, which I embossing using the Tied Together embossing folder, and I cut a piece of fun foam for under the lighter blue cardstock. 
  • I stamped the dreidel image from the Festival of Lights set by Anthony's Paper Craft and had my Scan N Cut cut it out.  Then I colored them with some BIC Intensity markers.  
  • I cut a stitched banner die and stamped Happy Chanukah on it.  Then I ran silver/glittered washi tape across the bottom and adhered the banner on top.  Then I adhered the fun foam to the back and then I adhered this to the card front.
  • I adhered the dreidels with foam tape and 3 crystals to the card front.  I also stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card.   

Holiday Hugs & Mistletoe Kisses - Card No. 4 



This is such a fun and fast card to make.  You can probably pump out 5-10 of these in an hour!  Really!!


  • I adhered a strip of Christmas washi tape to each side of my A2 card base.  
  • I cut another piece of white cardstock, 3.5" x 5.5" and I stamped the Birdies, Hugs & Mistletoe stamps (Unity Stamp) using Jet Black Amalgam ink (Gina K.) and I colored it in using BIC Intensity Markers.
  • I adhered a piece of red fun foam to the back and then I adhered this to the card front between the strips of washi tape.  
  • Lastly, I used some Frosted Lace Stickles on the hats of each bird and Firefly Stickles on the leaves - to give some shimmer!  
I hope these cards have inspired you to break out some of your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Holiday stamps to make some cards.  Lord knows many of us have a lot of time on our hands right now. 

Please remember to check out what the other Crafty Elves have up their sleeves this month - 



Jessica (Polka Dot Orchard)

I'd love to know which of my projects was your favorite!  As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  You can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE!

Until next time, hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael


9 comments:

  1. How adorable! I LOVE them all but the penguins are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowy town and Unity birdies were my favorites hard to pick between the two. Glad you made a Hanukkah card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! Really love that beautiful snowy scene and the cute penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creations, my favorite was the snowy village!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 sweet cards - each a unique creation - I like those penguins - I think I have that stamp as well - TFS your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE ALL of your cards! They are each unique and so fun!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your adorable cards even though the world is struggling now with this pandemic! Your cards are a wonderful distraction! I love each of them... I totally plan on caseing the Unity birds card! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Michael. Love your creativity. Be well.

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...