Thursday, March 5, 2020

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge - "Focus On The Good Times/Paris" Card



Hello everyone!  Let me tell you...between the rain that never stops here...and coronavirus all over the news...not to mention politics...I just keep crafting away to keep the crazy out! And I really hope that you guys and everyone you know are safe and sound too!

Today is my newest Design Team project for the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 137 and it's all about Paris.  Here is the inspiration photo we had to use should you wish to play along.   



I got to visit Paris many years ago and the city is absolutely beautiful and the food is amazing!  But don't get me started on the pastries.  LOL

I recently purchased an adorable digital stamp called Dreams of Paris from Art by Miran on Etsy.    I started by printing two of the images, at 48%, on to white cardstock.  I also pulled out a piece of decorative paper that had a "Paris" feel to it, a stitched rectangle die, Photo Booth Stamp Set (for the sentiments) and a Stitched Fishtail Banner Die - both from Your Next Stamp.


Next, I made a top folding A2 card of white cardstock and adhered the decorative paper to the front.  Then I cut one of the images using a Stitched Rectangle Die and used my Scan N Cut to cut out the other image with a small border.  I also stamped the sentiment "Focus On The Good Times" and cut that out with the Stitched Fishtail Banner Die. 


Then I colored the image using a variety of BIC Intensity Markers and Copics.


I adhered the uncolored image to the card front and then the colored image, right on top,  using foam tape.   I also adhered the banner with foam tape.


The last thing I did was to apply some Glossy Accents to the glasses to make them look like glass.  I love this idea!  



Done!  This image was so much fun to use and so easy to color.  I might even have another card this week using the same image.

I hope you will join the Design Team and make a card for the challenge.  If you do, please let me know in the comment section below so I can check it out!  As always, thank you for visiting my little blog and, until next time - 


Hugs from Brasil - 
~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...