Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Gingerbread In A Hot Chocolate Hot Tub Card



Hello everyone!!  WOW...only 12 more days until my birthday....oh, I mean, only 13 more days until Christmas!!!  LOL  If you are still trying to make a few Christmas cards and are stressing out, maybe today's card will help.  It uses a digi stamp so there is no need to order anything and wait for it to arrive AND it's super simple to make!!  

I made this card for the new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  The new challenge, No. 132, is all about gingerbread people.  Here is the inspiration photo the Design Team had to use when making their card.


To make this card, I had to first buy a gingerbread digi image.  It seems that I do not own a gingerbread man stamp.  Strange!  So, I jumped on Etsy and found this adorable "Gingerbread In Hot Chocolate Hot Tub" from Drawn By Krista.  After I purchased it I printed 4 of the images at 50% on to a piece of white cardstock.  I then trimmed one of the images to 3.25" x 5.5" for the card front.  

I also made a top-folding A2 card and adhered a strip of Christmas washi tape to each side of the front.  

And, I cut a piece of red cardstock, 3.5" x 5.5".  


Next, I adhered the red cardstock to the center of the card front between the washi strips.


I colored the image using Ultra Fine Tip BIC Markers (my fav).  I used Woodsy Brown for the hot cocoa, Adobe Orange for the gingerbread man, Blue Skies Blue for the buttons, Pink Flamingo for the hearts on his cheeks, Key Lime for the holly leaves, and Rambunctious Red for the hat, bow tie, and holly berries and a Pinkish White (R00) Copic marker for the tongue and inside the mouth.  Then I stamped a sentiment under the image, adhered a piece of red fun foam to the back, and then I adhered this to the card front.  


The last thing I did was to add Stickles.  I used Firefly on the holly leaves, Christmas Red on the holly berries, and Frosted Lace on the hat, eyebrows, and for the icing on his arms.  I realized after I added the Frosted Lace to the hat, that I forgot to color the hat.  So I went back colored it with the Rambunctious Red BIC marker.


I then placed the card on the side to dry and once dry - here is the final card.


I really love how this card came out.  I hope you guys do too.  Let me know what you think....leave a comment below if you would like to.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...