Wednesday, November 27, 2019

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 131 - Christmas Snow-globe



Hello everyone!!  It's been forever since I posted anything here but I have a good reason.  I went home to NY - originally to spend time with my Dad for his 83rd birthday.  But, after purchasing my ticket, Dad fell and fractured his hip.  So my trip home did not go as planned and I ended up spending a lot of time with him in rehab and then with him when he was sent home.  I got to spend more time with Dad than I expected but my crafting time was limited to practically none.  

Dad is home now and doing much better.  As long as he does his exercises and listens to his physical therapists, I am hopeful that he will be back to dancing soon!  

I am back in Brasil now and decided to jump back into the cardmaking arena with the newest challenge from the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 131 which is all about Christmas.  Here is the photo the design team had to use for inspiration should you wish to play along with us!


I used a new stamp set I got from Unity Stamp Co. called "Our House To Yours" to make this super simple and fast card!

I started by adhering a piece of decorative paper to the front of a top folding A2 card base.  I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and stamped the image and sentiment from "Our House To Yours" by Unity Stamp Co., using Jet Black Amalgam Ink by Gina K. Designs.  Then I colored the image using Ultra Fine Tip BIC Markers and Copic B0000 (Pale Celestine) for the background.    


I cut a piece of white fun foam, adhered it to the back of the image piece, and then adhered them to the card front.


To finish off the card, I added Crystal Stickles by Ranger under the houses to look like snow and on the small dots in the image to look like falling snow.  And I added a few small crystals to the center of the larger snowflakes and the main star above the town.  Below is a close-up of the card.


That's it!  I told you, really fast and simple.  But these are the best kinda cards anyway.  I'll be back over the next few days showing some more holiday cards using stamps from Anthony's Paper Craft for his big Black Friday sale.  Come back tomorrow!!  

As always, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Dad's fall, but glad he is getting better. Surely your presence at such a time was helpful to his recovery, and surely you were glad you could be there for him. It looks like you are on your way to catching up with your crafting. I love this snow globe Christmas card - perfect for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...