Friday, November 29, 2019

Christmas Card - Basket of Holly - Anthony's Paper Craft



Hello everyone!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving - at least those that celebrate the holiday.  I do miss Thanksgiving and all the smells that go along with it.  Although Thanksgiving is not a Brasilian holiday, Ruy and I did make a small turkey with some sides and we enjoyed a nice meal.     

It's a bit hot here and I am trying to get into the holiday spirit.  So I pulled out some Christmas and Chanukah stamp sets from Anthony's Paper Craft to play with.  For today's card, I used the holly in a basket image from Christmas Set 1 to make a more traditional but super simple card.   

I started by adhering a piece of "Tis The Season" (CMR9487) from PhotoPlay's Christmas Memories Collection, to the front of my top-folding A2 card base.  I also stamped the holly in the basket image using Jet Black Amalgam Ink (Gina K. Designs) on a piece of white cardstock and cut it out using a stitched rectangle die.  I also cut a piece of white fun foam to fit behind the image.  


I colored the basket of holly using Ultra Fine Tip BIC Markers (my fav).  Then I adhered the white cardstock to the fun foam and then to the card front.  And I adhered a few red sequins.  



Next, I cut the word Noel from a die I have using red cardstock.  I cut the word 4 times and then glued them together and adhered it next to the image.





The last thing I did was to apply some Firefly and Christmas Red Stickles to the image to give some shimmer.  




I hope you enjoyed this simple card.  Sometimes simple is nice to make and this is a very fast card to make too.  Enjoy your day and your Black Friday shopping if you are doing any!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Great card today, Michael. Love the coloring of the pretty holly. Anthony's Paper Craft has some interesting designs. Thanks for mentioning them. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...