Saturday, June 29, 2019

You Better......Werk That (Pineapple) Crown!!



Hello everyone!  As you guys know, I made a card the other day for Challenge No. 120 over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  If you missed it, you can check it out HERE.  I had a lot of fun making some more cards with this fruit theme and wanted to share another one with you today.  

But, first, a little back story. 

I started to watch RuPaul's Drag Race a few weeks ago and fell in love with this show.  Not something I ever thought I would say.  LOL  One of RuPaul's catchphrases is "You Better Work" but he uses "work" with an "e" - like this "Werk".  While on Pinterest the other day a card popped up in my feed of a gold crown and the phrase "Work That Crown".  I immediately thought of a pineapple, since it also has a crown, and I wondered how I could "werk" this phrase into a card.  And today's card was born.   

I started with a top folding A2 card base of purple cardstock.  I cut a piece of Marigold Morning cardstock (Stampin Up/Retired), die cut it with a stitched inside scallop die, and then adhered the outside part to the card front.  The inside we will use later.   



Then I sized the pineapple digi image to about 2.25" x 4.5" and made the catchphrase "Werk That Crown" on the computer and printed them both out on white cardstock.



I placed the same stitched inside scallop die over the image and die cut it.  Now I have the inside section to use on the card front.




I colored the pineapple, adhered it to the card front using foam tape and then I used the Clear Wink of Stella pen on top of the pineapple to give it shimmer.


The last things I did to finish off the card was to die cut the phrase with a banner die I have, layered it on a piece of the same purple cardstock, and adhere it to the card front.  I also added some purple sequins on the front and a piece of white cardstock on the inside.  



After looking at this card in the morning I realized that the shimmer was not enough for a "crown".  So I added green Stickles to the crown.  Here's the final card.



I loved making this very tongue in cheek card and I hope you enjoyed it too.  I'd love to know what you think.  I might be back with another card or two related to the fruit challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  Until next time -

Hugs from Brasil - 


Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...