Tuesday, June 11, 2019

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie - SuperHero Card with Bugaboo Stamps



Hello everyone and Happy June!!  It's that time of the year again.  No, not summer!!  Father's Day!  And, just in time, Challenge 118 on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie challenge blog, is all about "superheroes", of which many men in the dad role, are!    



My friend Debra, who is on the If You Give A Crafter design team, made an adorable card for this challenge (you can see it HERE) and I had to join her because this card was itching to get out of my head.  

I started with a top folding A2 card base of which cardstock.  I adhered the Circle Rays stencil (StencilGirl Products) to the card front with painter's tape and, using a blending tool, I blended in squeezed lemonade distress ink.  I also found a (very old) die from QuicKutz called City Skyline, which I die cut using a piece of decorative paper from my stash.  


I then adhered the skyline to my card front and cut away the excess.



Next, I printed the Super Dad digi stamp from Bugaboo Stamps on to a piece of white cardstock at 80%.  I wanted something more than just coloring this guy so I went thru my stash and found some simple patterned designs and printed the image out on them too.     


I then fussy cut the different parts - the cape, the bodysuit, the letter "D", and the stars - using fine tip scissors from Martha Stewart.


I then adhered all the pieces to the main image.


And then I adhered Super Dad to the card front along with the two stars.  I made a sentiment on the computer using a free comic type font called Edson Comics, printed it out on to white cardstock, die cut it using a fishtail border die, and adhered it to the card front on the left.  


That's it!  I had a lot of fun making this card and realized, after making it, that you can use this card all year round.  Not just for Father's Day but for your dad's birthday, or you can change Dad to Dude and use for your uncle's birthday or any cool guy in your life. 

I'd love to know what you think!!  Think I need to make a few of these cards now.  Until next time - 


Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Well hello and glad to visit once again. Love the super hero and it’s great for Father’s Day. Like how you did the paper piecing to create the card. I also love the city scape with the sun in the back which is a great stencil

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...