Sunday, June 30, 2019

It's Coffee and Cupcakes With Deb and Celeste Day



Hello...Hello....Hello.....everyone.  Yes, I am in a good mood today.  That's because I was asked to have "cyber" coffee with my friends Deb and Celeste again and the theme is "anything goes".  This time I am bringing cupcakes.  Well, a cupcake card that it is.

Before I get to the card let's talk about today's choice of coffee.  A few week's ago Ruy and I went to a green market in the town next to use and there was a coffee food truck there.  The coffee was great and we bought a bag of the beans.  Freshly ground Brasilian coffee is the best!! 


Now, for the card - 


The first thing I did was to print out the USA Cupcake digi stamp from Bugaboo Stamps.   They also have a Canadian Cupcake and both are on sale for $1 right now.  Yes, $1 US!!  

I trimmed the image to 3" x 4" and then I applied some white puffy paint to the cupcake.  I wanted it to look like it was white frosting.  Although this is a Brasilian brand, I am confident that there is something similar that you can find in the country you live in.  



Then I added some red, white and blue seed beads to the wet paint and, when it's dry, the beads will not fall out.  I put this aside to dry overnight.



Next, I cut a piece of red, white, and blue cardstock to fit the Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel die from Frantic Stamper and I applied double sided tape to the back.  This way it will be easier to adhere the pieces to the card front later.



Then I die cut the 3 pieces using my die cut machine. 


I cut an A2 card base of white cardstock and adhered the frame from the white cardstock.


Then I adhered one of the red pieces and then went around the whole card in a red, white, blue pattern until I glued in all the pieces.  



Then I colored in my image, adhered it to a piece of the blue cardstock, which I then adhered to the card front.  

But I wasn't happy.  So I printed out another image in the same size, colored in the flag again and one of the stars, cut them out and adhered them to the cupcake with foam tape.  The last thing I did was to adhere a few light blue crystals to the front.  


I'd love to know what you thought of this card.  Feel free to leave a comment below.  I answer all comments!  Also, please be sure to stop by my Deb's Blog and Celeste's Blog and show them some love too!!

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July in the USA and, please, stay safe!  Until next time -

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

8 comments:

  1. gotta love a cupcake!
    So fun Michael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! I had a lot of fun making this card. Glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. I love this gorgeous Patriotic card Michael! The background is fabulous and I love the dimension and seed beads you added to the cupcake. The coffee looks and sounds pretty amazing too. Thank you for joining Deb and I for another fun collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your comments Celeste. I had a lot of fun making this card and love it when I join you guys!! Thanks for asking me again.

      Delete
  3. Amazing card ! Love all of the colors !! They really pop !! That cupcake looks good enough to eat !! So glad you joined us !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra. I love this card too. Thanks for asking me to join you guys again!!

      Delete
  4. What a great red, white and blue card! Perfect for this week! Enjoy your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much HJ!! I love it too! You enjoy your 4th too. Sadly, here, it's just another normal day.

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...