Friday, June 28, 2019

Happy Pride Heart Card - Show Your Pride or Your Support for the LGBT Community



Hello everyone!!  It's Pride weekend in a lot of cities around the world this weekend and I wanted to make a card to show support for my community.  Sadly, it's scary times right now - globally - for the LGBT community and I hope that the strides we have made in the past 50 years do not get removed or go away.  I truly believe that every human being is entitled to the same rights no matter your race, sexuality, or color of your skin.  I wish everyone felt this way.

Now, on to the card!! 

This idea for this card actually came from an ad that I saw of a black tank top with a rainbow heart in the center.  I decided to run with this idea and make a card.   

This is a great project because you don't need to have a heart die or banner die to make the card.  You can draw your own heart and cut it out and then you can cut strips of the colored cardstock for the heart.
Supplies Used:




Cardstock in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink and white
A piece of white fun foam the size of the heart you will use
Nesting Heart Dies (QuicKutz/Retired)
Stitched Banner Die (Blueprints 1 MFT/Die-namics/Retired)
Die Cut Machine
Onyx Black Versafine Ink 


Step by Step:

With my die cut machine, I cut the heart die with white cardstock and a piece of white fun foam.  I then made a 6" square card base.  You will need to make a card base to fit the heart size you are using.  I cut one of each of the colors with the stitched banner die.  



I didn't know if the strips would fully cover the heart, so I used repositionable tape and temporarily adhered each of the strips.  I adhered the red and the pink first.  Then I went back with the orange, yellow, green, and blue.  When I got to the purple I realized I was not going to be able to cover the whole heart but I would be able to put a sentiment across to cover the open section.    


Next, I permanently adhered each of the strips on the heart, trimmed the excess, and glued the fun foam heart to the back.  I adhered a piece of decorative paper to the card front from the Echo Park/Coffee Collection (I think it was a perfect design) and then I adhered the heart on top.  



Next, I stamped the sentiment "you make my heart smile" on white cardstock, which I layered on a piece of orange cardstock with just a hint of a border, and then I adhered this to the card front with some pop dots on each end to keep it level with the heart. 

And here is the final card - 


I was debating about adding a few sequins here and there but, in the end, I felt that with all the colors this card didn't really need anything else.

I hope you enjoyed this card.  If you are going to any pride festivities this weekend, please stay safe!!  Feel free to let me know what you think of this design.  I'd love to know.  And, as usual, until next time - 


Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...