Wednesday, August 29, 2018

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 101 - FISH!



Hello everyone and Happy Hump Day!!!  Man, this year is flying by.  I cannot believe it's almost September!  Crazy. But, I have a fun card for you today - all about fish! The If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog has a new challenge - No. 101 - and this is the inspiration photo we need to work with - 


I decided to use a digi-stamp set that I recently purchased from Vera Lane Studio on Etsy called Ocean 11, which has nothing to do with George Clooney and a lot to do with 10 fish and a shell.  LOL

I started by making an A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of blue cardstock (for the water).  I then took 3 of the fish and sized them so it looked like they were each fish food for the other, printed it on a piece of white cardstock, and die cut it with a stitched rectangle die.  


Next...I colored the fish using a variety of BIC markers.  Then, using the River Rocks 6 stencil by StencilGirl Products, I applied Salty Ocean Distress Ink through the stencil for the fish bubbles.   


I then adhered the fish to the card front.  Since the set did not come with a sentiment, I made one.  I printed out the words "Have A Fintastic Day!", cut the words apart, adhered them to the same blue cardstock as the base, and then adhered them under the fish.  I also applied some True Blue, Crystal, and Glam Pink Stickles (Ranger) to the fish, and set it aside to dry.


And this is the final card.  


I have some other ideas but need more hours in my day to get them out of my head.  I hope you enjoyed this quick card.  Let me know by leaving a comment below if you wish!  And, remember to "have a fintastic day".  LOL 

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael 

6 comments:

  1. Love this Michael! Yo are getting great result with reasonable BIC markers! What a great share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I like what youve done with the glitter in the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant interpretation and love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS style card, Michael - love your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous Michael. Makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at ‘If you give a crafter a cookie’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation, love the bright colours you have used
    Thank you for sharing with us at 'If You Give A Crafter A Cookie'
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...