Thursday, August 30, 2018

Halloween Card with the October Vera Lane Studio


Hello everyone!!   I hope y'all are having an awesome week so far.  We're starting to get some warmer days here, which is making me very happy!!  I love the hot weather and the sun! 

I am in a card swapping group on Facebook and one of the cards I picked this month was a "jack-o-lantern" card.  I had just seen this adorable digi set from Vera Lane Studio on Etsy and knew she would be perfect for this card.  

I started by printing the October Digi stamps in the sizes that I wanted.  Not knowing where this card was taking me, I duplicated the images in case I wanted to pop dot the witches hat.   Better to print them all now.  

.  

After playing around with different dies I decided to go round.  I die cut the image with the hat using the largest die from the Standard Circles set (Spellbinders S4-114).  I also used the same die to cut a piece of black fun foam to layer the image on. I also fussy cut the extra hat that I printed and colored it with Copic markers 100 (Black) and YR16 (Apricot).



I colored in the image using a variety of Copic markers - 100 (Black), YR16 (Apricot), V17 (Amethyst), E51 (Milky White) and E31 (Brick Beige) and a Cloud Nine Grey BIC marker for the hair along with a white gel pen. 



I made an A2 card base of white cardstock and adhered a piece of Halloween decorative paper from the "Frightful" digi paper set (SnapClickSupply) to the front.  I adhered the image to the black fun foam I cut earlier, which I then adhered to the card front.  

Because this card is for a "jack-o-lantern" card swap, I needed a sentiment that fit.  I went through my stash of stickers and found the word "jack o' lantern" in an old DCWV sticker pack.  


I adhered it to a piece of black cardstock and then adhered this to the card front.    


Lastly, I adhered the hat that I fussy cut earlier to the top of the image using some glue and foam dots.  


Here is the final card.  At the last minute, I decided to adhere some orange stickles (Ranger) to the hat band and on her dress.


And that's it!!  Have you started your Halloween cards yet?  I'll have some more coming up soon!  I hope you've enjoyed this post and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

2 comments:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...