Saturday, August 11, 2018

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 100 - Mermaid Card



Hello everyone and Happy Saturday!!  It's a bit cold today.  We woke up at 6am and it was less than 35F so Ruy went and made a fire in the fireplace.  Go figure!!  Normally July is the cold month and by this time it's warming up already.  Now that I have defrosted I can get this quick post done!!  LOL

I made this card for the 100th Cookie Challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  My friend Debra is on their design team so I thought I would show her some support.  The cookie inspiration photo to use is - 




I decided to go with a mermaid card and I used a digi stamp called Mermaid Kisses that I bought from an Etsy shop called All Dressed Up Stamps.  

I printed her on a piece of white cardstock and then colored her in using Milky White (E51) Copic marker for her face and body and a variety of BIC Markers on the rest of her.   Her hair is Tiki Hut Tan, her fin is Oceanview Blue blended with Key Lime.  I used Lemon Bliss on the shells in her hair and on the fish.  Other colors used were Petal Pink and Fandango Pink.

I went through my stash and found a piece of paper that had the colors of water, which I adhered to my card front.  Then I cut some Seaweed Ribbons from Memory Box with another piece of designer paper and adhered them to the card front.  I put some pop dots behind the mermaid and the fish and adhered her to the card front.  

For the sentiment, I found a sticker pack in my stash called Love from Cosmo Cricket and used one of the phrases.  

Lastly, I adhered a few small turquoise sequins to the card front and added some Clear Wink of Stella Brush to her fin and tail to give a shimmer (prob can't see in the photo).


I hope you have enjoyed this quick card.  If you decide to make anything for the challenge...please let me know so I can see it too!!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

10 comments:

  1. Love this card Michael! So beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card...it's absolutely adorable!!! And I love the dimension you created. If you are looking for another challenge to enter I hope you check out Crafter's Castle monthly challenge :) Hugs...Janie crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janie for the comments and for stopping by the blog. Glad you like the card as much as I do. And I will be checking out Crafter's Castle. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic card !! Love everything about it !! That digi might just have to find its way into my stash !! Thanks for joining us again in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge !! We hope you come back !! Debra Davison - Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments Debra!! Loved joining you guys and will do so again.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at ‘If you give a crafter a cookie’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jonnece. Glad you love the card. It was fun playing along with you guys.

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deanne!! Glad you love the card. I love playing along with you guys.

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...