Friday, August 10, 2018

Anthony Paper Craft "Christmas In August" Blog Hop - Cozy Christmas Fireplace




Hello everyone.  I am so excited to announce that I am participating in the first ever Anthony's Paper Craft Blog Hop.  The amazingly talented members of the Design Team - Debra Davison, Mike Fernholz, Mary Kay Werry and myself have teamed up for a "Christmas in August" hop - happening each Friday in August, starting today!  

We hope to inspire you with some amazing Christmas projects - along with having some fun and maybe a prize or two to win.  I hope you will visit each of us, leave comments if you love our ideas, follow our blogs, Facebook and Instagram pages if you wish, and spread the news to all your fellow crafters!!!  There is even a code at the end of this post for free shipping over at Anthony's Paper Craft.

My card for the hop is a 3D card using one of the beautiful fireplace images, along with one of the mantles, and a bunch of other smaller images that all work together to give a homey holiday card.  Can you smell the wood burning?  


I started by sifting through my stash of 6x6 papers to find a design that would work well as wallpaper.  I found a perfect design in a pad called Jingle made by Lily Bee Design, which I adhered to my card front.  Then I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  


Next, I stamped, colored, and fussy cut Fireplace 2 - Stone.



On a piece of white cardstock I stamped the following stamps and then had my Scan N Cut cut them out.  


The holly plant in the basket and the large stocking are from Christmas Set 2, the smaller stockings, the wreath, and the poinsettia plants are from Ornament Set 1 and the Christmas mantel is from the Fireplace Mantle Set.

I decided to use the mantle, the two small stocking, the wreath, and one of the poinsettia plants.  I colored all of them in with Sharpie markers and then used some stickles to give them some shimmer.


Next, I adhered the fireplace to the card front.


Then I adhered the wreath, mantel, poinsettia and two stockings using pop dots.  I also traced around the fireplace with a dark brown sharpie to make it pop.


Here is the final card.  I stamped Merry Christmas on the inside from the Christmas Sentiments 1 set.


I hope you have enjoyed this card.  I'd love to know so please feel free to leave a comment below.  

Don't forget to check out the other design team members' blogs, below, to see what they have made for the Christmas in August Blog Hop - 

Mike Fernholz (he also has a giveaway) 

And, any orders at Anthony's Paper Craft -  over $25 (USA only) can get free shipping by using the cose "freeship25".  Offer is good until August 31, 2018!    

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil.

Michael

8 comments:

  1. WOW this is really cool...especially love how you made the fireplace....the bricks are fabulous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brick fireplace is so awesome! Wonderful Christmas scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a homey scene. Love the bright colors and all the elements of this cards. Great job, Michael. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely Christmas card. You've built up a nice scene.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pretty scene! Awesome details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is wonderful! Your attention to detail is awesome! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gorgeous scene you've created Michael! It's simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...