Sunday, March 18, 2018

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie - Challenge 89 - Music



Hello hello hello everyone!!  So has everyone in the States starting to see even a hint of Spring yet?  We are still super hot here heading into Fall but I am not going to complain!  

I've been really busy lately helping Ruy with the photo club that he and his BFF, Bruna, started here in town.  They have almost 25 members so far, many of which are showing their photo in the club's 3rd photo exhibition, the theme of which is about a strong woman (or women) that they admire.  This exhibition is being held in a cool restaurant/pub here in town that plays live music by local artists.  And they have the best burgers in town.  So I've been there a lot.  LOL

Now for today's card, which I made for Challenge 89 over on the "If You Give A Crafter A Cookie" Challenge Blog, which is all about music.


I have a friend here that is (a) going on a trip soon and (b) loves music.  So I decided to make a card for her that would incorporate both music and travel.    

My card base is 5" square out of some manila colored cardstock.  For my background image, I stamped the Music Cover-a-Card (IO Stamps) stamp on a piece of Kraft cardstock using Coffee Archival Ink (Ranger).


Next, using Compass Blueprint (Holtz/Sizzix/Retired), I stamped the compass 4 times and the phrase banner once, with Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger).  


I die cut a piece of black cardstock with the 4" Stitched Square (Gina Marie Designs), I used the 3.5" stitched square die to cut one of the compass images out in full, and then I cut the rest of the images using the matching dies.  


Now to put it all together.  I distressed all the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger).  Then I adhered the Music background to the card front.  Then the black cardstock to the center.  Then I adhered the full compass image on to the black cardstock and, finally, the remaining pieces using foam tape.    


Lastly, I stamped the phrase in the phrase banner and adhered this to the front.  


Done!! 

I really like how this came out and hope my friend does too!  And, I hope you enjoyed this quick card.  Feel free to leave me a comment below.  And, as always -  

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

3 comments:

  1. A very inspiring, impressive card. I love the elements you put together to create this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing !! The whole design comes together perfectly !! And fabulous step-by-step instructions with pictures.. Great card !! Thanks for joining in on the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge !! Debra Davison / Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and I love the layered compass. Thanks for joining us at ‘If you give a crafter a cookie’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...