Thursday, March 22, 2018

Samantha's Selfie Card with Bloobel Digi Stamps


Hello everyone!  Today I have a fast, fun, and quirky post.  I was recently introduced to a new (for me) digi stamp company called Bloobel by my friend Anne in Australia. The images might not be for everyone but, being a bit odd and different, I fell in love with them immediately!!  LOL

This is Samantha.  I call her Sam.  
Sam loves to take selfies.  
She also wants to be a Hollywood star.
The other night she heard on the radio that "some people at NASA" were looking at the stars.
Sam, not being the brightest bulb in the chandelier,  and not knowing who or what NASA is, decided that, since she wants to be a star, she is going to send her selfie to NASA.

So I made her this card.  LOL

I printed Selfie Portrait on to a piece of white cardstock.  I then colored her with Copic markers.  I colored her hair with E13 (Light Suntan) and then went back with E15 (Dark Suntan), her face with R00 (Pinkish White), her lips with FRV1 (Fluorescent Pink), her shirt with FYG1 (Fluorescent Yellow) and her eye with black and B23 (Phthalo Blue).

I made an A2 card of white cardstock, adhered a piece of black cardstock, then a piece of hot pink cardstock that I cut with a stitched rectangle die and, finally, the image of Samatha.  I applied some Clear Wink of Stella to her lips and above her eyes, which is hard to see in the photo. 

Lastly, I printed the phrase "Sending my selfie to NASA, because I'm a star." that I found on Pinterest and loved.  I cut the phrase in pieces and adhered to the card front with fun foam.  

Done!  Like I said, fast and fun.  If you have a friend that loves to take selfies of themselves, this is a great image to have in your arsenal.  Hope you enjoyed this quirky card and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed viewing your quirky card and I have a side of me that looks "quirkiness". Fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois. Sometimes we just have to let the "quirk" out!! Glad you love this card too.

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious! LOVE your little story. So fun! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna. Glad you love the card and story. LOL Was fun to write up. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...