Tuesday, September 13, 2016

SIP Challenge 65 - Monochromatic Blues - Happy Hanukkah Card


Hello everyone.  What a crazy week it's been.  Our friend Daise came for a few days to plan a class she is going to give.  She works with MDF so we had to drive to Pedreira, a town about 30 minutes away, to see what was new.  For crafters, Pedreira is a dream come true - stores filled with naked MDF products to alter, paint, etc.  Who wants to come for a visit?  LOL

Here are some photos from our favorite store, Vitrine Madeira - 

Stacks of boxes!

They even sell furniture - end tables, lamps, chairs...

Imagine painting or altering this Eiffel Tower!!

Panetone boxes screaming for paint or paper!

The store just keeps going....and going....and going....

Wine boxes waiting to be altered, painted, etc.
Thank God I made this card last week or I would have nothing for today.  And, since today is Tuesday, that means a new challenge over on the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge Blog.  This week is Challenge 65 - Monochromatic

As some of you know, I have issues with colors.  Seriously!  I hate being forced to use specific colors or a specific color palette.  Like monochromatic.  I shut down!  Then I bitch about.  Then I figure it out. Then I make a nice card.  Then I apologize and wonder why I do this.  LOL.  So, after looking at the blue colors in the sketch, it hit me....Hanukkah is all about blues.  And, because I do a lot of baby mini albums, I have 3 shades of blue!  Duh Trent!!  

I started this card with a piece of navy blue textured cardstock, 5" x 5".  Then I cut a piece of the middle blue color, 4.5" x 4.5".  Using the largest die from Avery Elle's Double Pierced Circles Die set, I placed in the center of the middle blue and die cut it.  


Before

After
Then I put this piece into the Moroccan Fresco Embossing Folder by Vintaj (Sizzix), embossed it, and adhered it to the center of the card front.     


The next step is to place the two largest dies from the Avery Elle Double Pierced Circles Set and cut using the lightest blue paper.  You will end up with two circles but we are only going to use the smaller circle.

Before

After
Now to finish up the card.  On a piece of the navy blue cardstock, I heat embossed the Happy Hanukkah image (retired by DRS Designs) with Versamark ink and Silver Opaque Embossing Powder by Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Then I cut it out and adhered it to the center of the lightest blue circle, which I then adhered to the center of the card.  Last steps were to adhere a pearl in each corner and a piece of white cardstock on the inside so there was someplace to write.   


Not as difficult as it was in my head!  I hope you enjoyed this card and idea. Feel free to leave me comments below!  I hope you can find some time to make a project for this challenge too.  You have until Sunday, September 18th, to make something.  Just click HERE to be taken right to the challenge site.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

6 comments:

  1. So we adjusted and did a beautiful job as the end result!!!I'm happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks Lois. I don't know why I put myself through these things. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you know your cycle! LOL! And so do I! That's why I let you bitch and know that you will make an awesome card!! And that's just what you did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin! Sorry I drive you nuts but, maybe, you should stop having challenges with colors. LOL

      Delete
  3. Love how you talked yourself through your "issues with colors". One would never know you had issues - the card is beautiful. P.S. Yes, I'd love to get lost in that store! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. Glad you love the card. and, yes...this store....this town...I want to live there but would never get anything done!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...