Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Yes, It's A Holiday | National Pig Day | QKR Stampede Blog

 


Hello everyone and welcome to March!  I hope y'all are doing well.  With all the rain we have been getting, I've been staying indoors a lot making cards, albums, folios, recipes, and a mess.  LOL. It's good to have something to do to pass the time.    

Today is also a new Yes, It's A Holiday collaboration with my friends Debra (@djdavison814) and Lori (@mamakobs), and we are celebrating National Pig Day.  Today is also my first card for the QKR Stampede Blog and, to kill two cards with one stamp, I used the Christmas Pig digi and a Merry Christmas digi sentiment digi (link coming soon), both from the QKR Stampede store. And, they are only $2 each!

But, if you love these images and want them as a physical rubber stamp, they have those too.  Click HERE for the Christmas Pig rubber stamp and click HERE for the Merry Christmas sentiment rubber stamp.

I LOVE pigs.  I also love bacon but, please, don't tell the pigs.  I even have a collection of pig rubber stamps.  The photo below doesn't even include the unmounted and digi pig stamps.  

According to National Today, we celebrate because pigs have become part of American culture.  Heck, they are part of almost every culture.  Fossil records even show pigs roamed the earth as early as 40 million years ago.  WOW.  Click on the link to learn more about pigs and today's holiday. 

To help celebrate, I made a Christmas card using a pig!

I started by making a top-folding A2 card base using white cardstock and, to the front of the card, I adhered a piece of wrapping paper that I had in my stash from this past Christmas.  It's not screaming Christmas but it's red and shiny and works perfectly.  

Next, I printed the Christmas Pig Digi Stamp and the Merry Christmas Digital Stamp, both from Want 2 Scrap, on white cardstock and I trimmed it to 3 3/8" x 5.5".

Next, I colored the image using some Graf Duo alcohol markers.  Then I layered it on a piece of red cardstock but left a small 1/8" border on each side.  And I adhered this to the card front using foam tape to give the card some dimension. 


To finish the card off, I added Yellow Stickles to the star on the tree, Frosted Lace Stickles to the hat and tusks, and 5 crystals to the tree as ornaments.  


Done.  Here's the final card up close.

I love how this card came out and I love the fact that there is a whole month to celebrate pigs!  LOL. Don't forget to check out what Debra and Lori made over on their Instagram pages.  And, please, go check out today's blog post over on the QKR Stampede Blog where there are several other very talented makers sharing more card ideas with you.  Links are all below.  

Michael - @worldofmichaeltrent
Debra - @djdavison814
Lori - @mamakobs  
QKR Stampede Blog 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you can find time to also stop by all the links above.  And, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Michael, this is just too fabulous! Loving the sparkle you added and your coloring is wonderful. Welcome to the team. You are definitely an asset. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Christmas card!! Love it! Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I'm with you on Pigs, I've even a pig in the Chinese Calendar! Although I haven't got a collection like your fabulous one. I love your card, the red edges certainly show him off. He's a great pig. Love your colouring too Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...