Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Happy Pi Day | Happy Pie Day | Happy π Day

 


Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day...Happy Pie Day...Happy π Day!  I've been waiting months to make this card and it's finally here.  This is a short but fun post.  

According to piday.org, the first 10 digits of Pi is 3.1415926535 (although I count 11).  But, if you type π into a calculator and press enter, you will see 3.141592654 because the display is most often limited to 10 digits and it rounds the 10th number up to 4. 

Pi, represented by the lower-case Greek letter π - is one of the most well-known mathematical constants, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.  Pi has interested people around the world for over 4,000 years.  To learn more about Pi - go to piday.org.  It's quite fascinating.  

Now, on to my card...

I started by typing the first 10 digits of Pi on a piece of white cardstock and then I die-cut it using a stitched rectangle die measuring 4" x 5.25".  I made a top-folding card base using black cardstock and I adhered the white piece to the front. 

Next, I printed my sentiment - Happy π Day - on a piece of white cardstock, stamped my pie image from a Great Impressions Stamps circa 2008 above the sentiment, and colored it in using my fine-tip BIC markers.  I die-cut the image using a stitched rectangle die, die-cut a piece of black cardstock using the next size up and adhered the white to the black.

Lastly, I adhered the image to the card front, and added a heart crystal on the pie plate and 3 black enamel dots on the card front.

Done!  All I need to do now is mail this to someone who will understand and appreciate this card.  


I hope you enjoyed this fun and quirky card for a fun and quirky holiday.  Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.  And, don't forget to eat a slice of pie today!  What's your favorite?  Let me know by leaving a comment below.  Mine is apple pie!

As always, until next time, hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Very clever, Michael! Happy Pie Day to you! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...