Monday, September 5, 2022

Yes, It's A Holiday - National Cheese Pizza Day

 



Hey everyone and welcome to a new "Yes, It's A Holiday" blog post that I do with my friends Debra and Lori.  Today we are celebrating National Cheese Pizza Day and I am not complaining.  I love pizza.  I can eat it every day.  The problem here is that you can't really get pizza until after 7pm and you have to buy the whole pie.  Really hard to find a place that sells slices.  UGH!  


According to National Today, National Cheese Pizza Day is celebrated annually on September 5th, and it's time for you to celebrate in cheese-pizza style.  Each year, more than 2 billion pounds of pizza cheese is produced in the U.S. alone.

T
o read more about National Cheese Pizza Day, just click on the link below - 

https://nationaltoday.com/national-cheese-pizza-day/

To help celebrate...I made 2 cards.  I made the first one, which I liked, but I did not "love" it.  I felt the mustache paper I used on the card front disappeared.  So I made a 2nd card, which I love!     

Both of the cards use the digital Pizza Party Papers and/or the digital Pizza Party Clipart from Pretty Grafik Design on Etsy.  

Card No. 1


  • I used Pages on my MAC to make the background of pizza slices.  I imported one of the images and then duplicated it several times until I got the look I wanted, and then I printed it.  
  • I also printed one of the paper designs - the background of mustaches. 
  • Next, using 2 stitched rectangle dies, I cut the mustaches and the pizza slices.
  • I adhered the mustache background to my A2 card front.  Then I adhered the pizza slices to a piece of black cardstock, which I then adhered to my card front. 
  • For my sentiments, I made them on my computer and printed them onto a piece of white cardstock.  For the front sentiment, I die-cut it using the Sentiment Banners Cover Die from Altenew, which I layered on a piece of black cardstock and then to the card front.  For the inside sentiment, I die-cut it using the stitched rectangle die, which I adhered to the inside.  

  

Card No. 2




For this card, I basically did the same thing as for Card No. 1 but I used a piece of red cardstock for my card base.  I thought it would bring in the essence of tomato sauce, something every pizza needs.  LOL


I also love how the inside sentiment, printed on the white cardstock, pops off the red card base.  



Done!


Which do you like more?  I am leaning towards the red cardstock.  Anyway, I hope you can find the time to go and check out the cards that Debra and Lori made for today's fun holiday.  Links to our Instagram pages are below...just click on our names to be taken to them.  




Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and don't forget to go eat a slice of cheese pizza.  


Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...