Thursday, April 28, 2022

Yes, It Is a Holiday - National Superhero Day

  

Hello everyone and welcome to another "Yes, It is a Holiday" or "Yes, It's a Holiday" blog post.  

Today is National Superhero Day and I am pretty sure that we can all use a Superhero these days to make things right in the world.  Marvel employees created this day in 1995 to celebrate everyone's favorite superhero and to honor those who serve and protect while fighting evil.  

Check out all the cool info about today's holiday below.  

https://nationaltoday.com/national-crayon-day/

I don't know if I have a favorite superhero but if I had to pick one...it would be Dr. Strange.  

In honor of today's holiday, I made this fast card using the Parker the Superpiggy stamp from Stamping Bella (retired) that I had in my stash.

I started by cutting the Cityscape die from Memory Box (retired) from a piece of black cardstock and the silhouette die from a piece of yellow cardstock and glued the two together.  


I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  I really wanted to use a sunburst stencil for the background but could not for the life of me find mine.  Yes, I need to organize!  

So I grabbed the Stencil Burst stencil from The Crafter's Workshop, adhered it over the white cardstock, and, using a makeup brush, brushed on some Lemon Drop, Sweet Mango, and Powder Blue inks from Gina K. Designs.   



I stamped and colored Parker, the Superpiggy and then fussy cut him.  


I adhered the Cityscape to the bottom of the card front.  Then I adhered Parker using foam tape.  


Lastly, I stamped the sentiment, cut it out, layered it on a piece of black cardstock and adhered it to the card front.  Then I adhered the whole piece to a white card base. 



Done.  
   
I hope you can find some time to check out the cards that Debra and Lori made for today's fun holiday.  Links are below to our Instagram pages.  
  

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and try to be a superhero to at least 1 person today.  

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael

1 comment:

  1. Michael this card is so adorable!! I love the stenciled background! It looks great, I have to use my stencils more! Parker is such a cute Superhero!! Love your card!




    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...