Monday, April 25, 2022

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - April 2022 Edition

 

Hello everyone and welcome to the April 2022 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas. 

If you are just joining us, on the 25th of each month, the Crafty Elves - Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and myself - post {up to} 4 Christmas/Holiday card ideas.  Instead of stressing in November to make holiday cards, we make them each month so, at the end of the year, we are ready to send them out.  And we hope to inspire you to do the same. 

Links to Debra's and Lisa's projects, as well as links to all of our social media pages, are at the end of this post.
    

Now, on to my cards!

Idea Nos. 1 and 2


These 2 cards were made using two different stamps from Rubber Cottage, sold by Simply Stampin.  They sell a lot of other brands too - so go check them out. 

The first card uses Peeking Snowman and 
the 2nd card uses Snowflakes. They are both adorable stamps and quick to color. 

  • I started by stamping my images on white cardstock.  Then I die cut each of the images using a different size die from the Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink & Main
  • I colored them using BIC Intensity Markers.
  • The sentiment on the Peeking Snowman card is a rub-on I found in my stash from American Crafts.
  • I layered each of the colored images onto a piece of red cardstock and then onto decorative papers from my stash.  
  • Lastly, on the Peeking Snowman card, I added some snowflakes from the Snow Burst die by Memory Box (retired) and some Frosted Lace Stickles on each of them.


Idea No. 3


This is a super fast and simple card to make using Tweet Love Birds from Your Next Stamp.
  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card base using white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative holiday paper.
  • Then I cut another piece of white cardstock using one of the dies from the Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink & Main, on which I stamped the Tweet Love Birds image and one of the sentiments.
  • I colored in the image and adhered it to a piece of red cardstock and then to the card front. 
  • Lastly, some red Stickles on the berries.  
Idea No. 4
 

Here is another simple card to make using the Christmas Baubles digital stamp from Lili of the Valley (LOTV) on Etsy. 
  • Using white cardstock I made my 3.75" x 7.25" card base.   
  • I printed 2 of the Christmas Baubles images, trimmed one of them to 3.5" x 7", and colored it in using BIC Intensity markers.  For the other image, I colored only the ornaments.  Then I fussy cut them and adhered them to the card front using foam tape.  
  • Lastly, some stickles on the leaves and berries and ornaments and a simple "Merry Christmas" sentiment on the inside.   

And there they are - 4 quick, simple, and fun Christmas card ideas.  

I hope you can find some time to visit the other Crafty Elves also.  Debra and Lisa also have amazing card ideas for the holiday season.  

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My Facebook Page - World Of Michael Trent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

I'd love to know what you think of my card ideas.  And, until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

5 comments:

  1. Great cards Michael! Love the snowman cards but really like the slimline baubles card with the added berries! I always enjoy seeing what you elves come up with each month! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all just fabulous and fun. Love the dimension of the ornaments on the last card. And birdies are always a delight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! You can never go wrong with snowmen, and I love the adorable birds! I actually have the garland with ornaments in a rubber stamp from LOTV, from many years back.... it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why I am commenting as 'Anonymous' on some posts, but Google isn't playing nice today! ..... Denise Bryant

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...