Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - July 2021

 

Hello everyone and welcome to the July 2021 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  We wanted to call this month "Christmas in July" but, really, every month is Christmas for the 3 elves - me, Debra of Meticulosity, and Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper.  

There's a lot going on this month -

And this month we have a special guest Elf - Angie Blom of Angie Blom Digital Designs.  And, she is having a Christmas in July sale.  All of her digital images are 40% off.  No coupon needed.  Price will adjust in the cart.  Just click HERE to see all of the Christmas images.

And, the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Christmas In July Blog Hop is happening until July 30th.  There are a lot of fun prizes to be won and Angie Blom Digital Designs is one of the Sponsors.

 

Angie sent the elves two brand new Christmas digi stamps to use if we wanted - Let's Be Merry and Elves.  I ended up, not only using both, but using her images for all 4 of my cards.  I hope Angie loves them as much as I do.  

Card No. 1

 


This was such a fun and fast card to make.  I used the brand new Let's Be Merry stamp set along with some paper piecing. 
  • Using Pages on my Mac, I sized and designed my card using two of the images from the set and then I printed it on to a piece of white cardstock that had been cut using a stitched rectangle die.  
  • I made a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock.   
  • Next, I printed the image of the Santa on a piece of designer paper and onto a piece of red cardstock and I fussy cut the parts I need to paper piece.  

 

  • I ran a black marker around where I cut to cover any white core of the papers and then I adhered the pieces to the main image on the card front. 
  • I colored his face with an R20 Blush Copic marker, and grounded the image with a Warm Gray No. 2 Copic marker.  Then I adhered it to a piece of white fun foam and then to the card front.    
  • Lastly, I added some Icicle Stickles (Ranger) to his mustache and the end of his hat.  

 Card No. 2


If you love to color as much as I do, then this is the card for you.  I used the Smitten Mitten Background stamp with a die cut sentiment.  
  • I made a top folding A2 card base out of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock.  
  • I printed the Smitten Mitten Background on to another piece of white cardstock and then I colored it in using some alcohol markers.
  • I adhered this to a piece of white fun foam and then to the card front. 
  • Next, I used a variety of Stickles on some of the mittens to add some shimmer and shine.
  • While the Stickles were drying, I used some red cardstock to die cut the sentiment from the Stacked Words: Christmas die from Tim Holtz (sadly, discontinued).
  • I adhered the sentiment to the card front, then a crystal over the "j", and, lastly, some Wink of Stella Clear on the sentiment for more shine. 

Card No. 3


I made this tall slimline card using the brand new Elves stamp set and some paper piecing.  I am totally in love with the sentiment "have yours-elf a merry little christmas".  LOL
  • I started by making a 4" x 9" top-folding tall slimline card from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of Christmas paper to the front.
  • Then I used Pages on my MAC to import the two images for a 3.75" x 8.75" card and printed it out.
  • I then went back and printed parts of the image - the presents and the elves' hats - on to pieces of Christmas paper.
  • I fussy cut the pieces and adhered them to the card front.
  • Then I colored in the image using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers.  
  • Lastly, I adhered some crystals and stickles to the image. 


Card No. 4 (a Tag)
 
 
For my last project, I made a tag using the A Gift Just For You stamp set. Because we always need tags for gifts...right?  And, this is not just any tag.  It's a 3D tag with a boatload of bling. 
  • I die cut a tag using the Tags set from Little B.  It's old and probably retired but you can use any tag die you want.  Or, you can make your own.
  • Using Pages on my MAC, I imported the snowman image from A Gift Just For You and then printed it on to the tag.  Because it's going to be 3D, I printed it two more times in the same size.
  • I fussy cut the snowman and the sign from one of the other images and then the presents from the last.  Then I colored them all in.
  • I adhered the snowman to the main image using foam dots.  Then the presents.  There are 3 layers to this image.
  • Lastly, I adhered Stickles to a few areas and then I blinged the heck out of the scarf.  LOL

And those are my 4 ideas for July.  Do you have a favorite?  I love them all, as usual, but I'm loving my little blinged out tag the most.

Please remember to visit the other Crafty Elves as well as our Guest Crafty Elf. Each of them has even more amazing card ideas for the holiday season and it's never too early to start making some.  Just click on their links to go right to their May 2021 creations! 

Debra's Blog - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent

Angie's Blog - AB Digital Designs Blog
Angie's IG Page - Angie Blom Digital Designs
Angie's Website - Angie Blom Digital Designs

Until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

11 comments:

  1. Eeep! Love all of these! And I picked up that snowman too, but I didn't have time to use it...lol! I'll be using the extras I got next month I think...lol. You've made some beautiful cards here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, and I love the tag with the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Festive & Beautiful!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so amazing Michael 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards and tag. I love the paperpieced santa and elves. Great colors and designs. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with Angie's image and it was fun to see that you paper pieced Let's Be Merry like I did!! Great minds! LOL! Thanks for the shout-out for BYSH Cardmakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute. I like the paper piecing and coloring. the tag is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, your blinged out tag is really fabulous!! But I do love the Santa gnome - he is so amazing! And I love how you paper pieced him; and his beard is magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A whole bunch of great cards, Michael!! I love to color, too! I love your coloring on these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these!! She's just got some of the best images and I love what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I thought i didn't stop here yet, but I guess I did... well, I really do love them so... there's that...lol!

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...