Saturday, July 10, 2021

Shadow Box Christmas Wreath Home Decor with Anthony's Paper Craft

 



The idea for this "home decor" piece came after I watched THIS video on how to make a shadowbox.  The box measures 6" x 6" and the inside is 4.5" x 4.5", which is the perfect size for the Wreath 2 stamp I wanted to use.   You could also use Wreath 3 and, for a Spring/Floral box, you can use Wreath 4.

So, the first thing I did was to make my shadowbox using a piece of textured red cardstock.   Instead of me showing how to make the box, it's better if you just watch the video.  She does a great job showing how to make the box.    

I also cut 4 strips of decorative paper to fit the 4 sides of the front of the box.  


Next, I adhered the strips to each side of the shadowbox. 

I cut a piece of white cardstock with a 4" stitched square die.  Then I stamped the Wreath 2 image using Onyx Black Versafine ink and then I heat embossed it using Black Sparkle Embossing Powder by Ranger. 


Then I colored the wreath with Ultra Fine Tip BIC Intensity Markers. Then I adhered some crystals on the snowflakes and Red Stickles on the berries. 


After the Stickles dried I adhered the white cardstock to a piece of fun foam and then I adhered this to the center of the shadowbox frame. 

I also stamped "Peace, Love & Joy" from the Christmas Sentiments 1
set on a piece of white cardstock and die cut it using a banner die, which I adhered to the front. 

Then I adhered some crystals on each side of the sentiment and on each corner of the wreath. 
 


The last thing I did was to make a stand for the frame.  I cut a piece of the same red cardstock, 2" x 8.5", and scored it at 1/2", 3 1/2", 6 1/2", and 7 1/2".  Then I formed it into the stand and adhered it to the back. 



Done!  I hope you like this "non-card" idea.  I think this would be beautiful sitting on a shelf or mantel during the holiday season.  No?  I'd love to know what you think...leave a comment below!  

Stay safe and, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...