Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy 245th Birthday USA! Happy July 4th with Impression Obsession

 


Happy 4th of July to all my friends and family in the states.  Today the USA turns 245 years old.  Although she is falling apart and needs her infrastructure structured again, she is still a good looking woman!! So I made her a birthday card.  I hope I look this good when I am 245!  

  • I started by making a top folding A2 card from white cardstock. 
  • Then I printed one of the papers from the Vintage 4th of July Digital Paper from the Jenny L Designs Shop on Etsy and I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die measuring 4.25" x 5.5", which I then adhered to the card front.

  • I die cut another piece of white cardstock using a smaller stitched rectangle die.  Then I die cut the US Flag Die from Impression Obsession leaving room for a sentiment under it.   
  • I adhered the piece with the big rectangle hole in the center to a piece of white fun foam, which I then adhered to the card front.
  • Then I adhered the flag inside the rectangle space - without the stripes or stars areas.  Those will be next.
  • Next, I die cut the US Flag die again using a small piece of red and then blue cardstock so that I could adhere the pieces into the main flag.  

  • Then I adhered all the pieces into the main flag.  It really does go quickly. 

  • Lastly, I die cut a Happy Birthday die from Top Dog (closed) using blue and white cardstock, which I adhered under the flag. 

Done!  Here's the final card.  


I hope everyone has a fun and safe July 4th holiday if you celebrate.  If not, I hope you have a great weekend.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...