Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - June 2021 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the June 2021 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  If this is your first time here, I am one of 3 Crafty Elves - myself, Debra of Meticulosity and Lisa of Life of a BZscrapper. Each month we, the 3 elves, make 4 cards for the holidays and we share them on the 25th of each month.  Sometimes we even have a Special Crafty Elf joining us.  This month, Crystal is joining us again.  She was with us last month with a quick card and this month she is back.  You might also know her as Tawny Owl Paperie.    

Now, on to my cards...

Card Nos. 1 and 2

If you need to make a fast and easy card, take a look at the decorative scrapbook papers in your stash.  I pulled this sheet out to do something with but, when I looked at it, I realized that I could make some super easy slimline Christmas cards using the sides of the paper.  All they really needed was a sentiment.

  • I started with this 12x12 sheet of decorative paper from my stash together with the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die set from Pink Fresh Studio. 


  • Next, I made two 4" x 9" slimline card bases using white cardstock.  Then I adhered Christmas paper to the front of each base.
  • Next, using the largest of the dies, I cut two pieces of red cardstock, which I adhered to the front of each card.  Then I used the smallest of the stitched dies to cut two sides of the decorative paper, which I adhered to the center of the red cardstock.
  • I used two sentiments from Gifts of Christmas by Technique Junkies for the front of each card.
  • Lastly, I adhered some Glossy Accents by Ranger to each of the bulbs to make them look like glass.



Card No. 3
 
 
So...I am not really a fan of "card sketches".  I don't know why but, for some reason they curtail my creative flow.  But Crystal asked if we would use Sketch 11 from her Bring Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook Group to make one of the cards and I agreed to try this.  
 
Here is the sketch we had to work with.
  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card base from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  
  • Next, I die cut another piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  Then i die cut the Snowflake Block die from Simon Says Stamp on this rectangle piece.
  • I adhered a piece of acetate behind the stitched rectangle piece and then I adhered the Snowflake Black back on top of the acetate piece.
  • I used foam tape on the back, added my shaker elements inside - see beads, sequins, snowflake sequins, and then I adhered it to the card front. 
  • Lastly, I adhered a piece of ribbon to the left side, my sentiment and some small crystals and snowflake sequins to the card front. 
Card No. 4



This card was super fun and easy to make too.  I used the Tree House Xmas digi stamp from HettyClare on Etsy. 
 
  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of Christmas decorative paper.
  • I printed the Tree House Xmas image on white cardstock, colored it using some alcohol markers, and then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out. 
  • I adhered it to a piece of green(ish) paper, then to a piece of fun foam, then to the card front.  
  • I used Icicle Stickles by Ranger for the snow on the roof and to ground the images.  
  • Lastly, I used some Glossy Accents from Ranger on each of the bulbs in the tree to give a glass effect.

And those are my 4 Christmas card ideas for June!  Do you have a favorite?  I love them all but I have to admit that I really love the shaker/sketch card.  Have you started making any holiday cards yet?  If not, I hope these cards inspire you to start.   

Please remember to visit the other Crafty Elves as well as our Guest Crafty Elf. Each of them has even more amazing card ideas for the holiday season and it's never too early to start making some.  Just click on their links to go right to their May 2021 creations! 

Debra's Blog - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent

Crystal's Blog - Tawny Owl Paperie
Crystal's IG Page - crystalominkler

Until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

8 comments:

  1. That use of fancy paper for slimline cards is genius! Every time I visit your blog I’m inspired. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two cards are such a creative way to use that scrapbook paper (and I have some that I could use this technique on for sure!). Card no. 3 is my favorite and I love how you interpreted the sketch with the shaker element - genius - and creative juices flowing for sure, even with the sketch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The snowflake shaker card is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I recently made a slimline with the bottom of a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper! Such a quick and easy card and so pretty! Thanks for introducing me to HettyClare I think I'm going to get one of her images! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your work is inspiring. Just loved the 4" x 9" cards. And, of course the die cut ones. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards, Michael! Your first two are genius! Such a great idea and they are so pretty! I'm so happy that you used the {BYSHC} sketch 11 and your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the shaker element!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards! Love that shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards. I really love the snowflake one 😊

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...