Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Not Your Normal Wedding Card

 


Hi everyone.  I have a fun, odd, wedding card idea to share with you.  Today I was trying to finish decorating the inside of a mini album for a friend and while going thru one of the paper pads I was using (Printshop! by Studio Calico) I came across this one sheet with this funny "//yeah, sure//" sentiment and I immediately thought of a wedding proposal with this being the answer.  LOL


I made a top-folding A2 card base using black shimmery cardstock.  I wanted this to be a black & white wedding card.  

I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the part of the paper with the //yeah, sure// sentiment, which I layered on a piece of silver mirrored cardstock.  I also cut a piece of white cardstock for the inside.

I adhered the "//yeah, sure//" piece to the card front. Then I adhered the white piece to the inside but, before I adhered it, I stamped

So You're
  Mr & Mrs. 
Congratulations!

which comes from the Congratulations stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.  Thanks again to Justin for giving me this set a few years ago.  


I die cut the Bride & Groom die from Impression Obsession using the same black cardstock and then I cut the veil from a piece of silver glittered paper.


Then I adhered them to the card front above the sentiment.  Lastly, I added a tiny crystal to the front of the veil.

Here's the final card.



Quirky. I know.  But fun.  What do you guys think?  Let me know.  Just so you know, all my cards and albums are available to be purchased.  If you are interested leave a comment or shoot me an email/message.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...