Thursday, May 13, 2021

"Seas The Day" and "Sea the Light" with Anthony's Paper Craft


Hello everyone and welcome to my May 2021 Design Team project for Anthony's Paper Craft.  This month's theme is "cards for guys" - nautical themed cards, masculine cards, birthday cards, and, the group project on the 15th is all about Father's Day. 

The idea I had in my head was to use a map with blue cardstock.  Since I was going to use two sheets of paper and the die I used gives a negative and positive, I made 2 cards at the same time. This way everything I cut got used.  

Let's start by making our card bases.  I made two top-folding A2 cards from white cardstock.  Then I adhered kraft cardstock to the front of each one. 


I wanted a map and the color blue for the cards.  So I pulled out a blue sheet from the Brights Cardstock Stack and one of the map pages from The Maps, Text, & Ledgers Stack.  Because this is paper, I adhered it to a piece of kraft cardstock before cutting.  Then I cut each of them using the Sunburst Cover Panel Confetti Cuts from Reverse Confetti.

Then I adhered one panel to one card front.    


Using small pieces of foam tape, I adhered each of the pieces onto the card front.  I used the blue pieces on the map card front and the map on the blue.  It could be a bit time-consuming so, if you want, feel free to just glue the pieces in.  But I love the 3D-raised look.  
 



  
Next, I pulled out my Misti Stamping Tool and stamped images from both Nautical 1 and Nautical 2 onto a piece of white cardstock.  The images from these two sets work really well together. 

Then I placed them in my Scan N Cut by Brother and had the machine cut them out with a small border.



Then I colored them in using a variety of markers in my stash.  I adhered the circle piece to the center and then the other images where I wanted them.  I also stamped two of the sentiments from the sets, cut them out with banner dies, and adhered them to the card fronts too.   


The last thing I did was to cut some of the Flying Gulls from Memory Box (Retired) using white cardstock and adhere them to the card front.  



And...done!  I am not really comfortable making masculine cards, don't really know why, but I love how these turned out.  I'd love to know what you think.  Have a favorite?  Let me know...leave a comment below.  I'll be back soon with some more fun things.  

Until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...