Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - March 2021 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the March 2021 Edition of the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas!  It's the 25th of the month and time for the Crafty Elves...me, Debra (Meticulosity), and Lisa (Life of a BZscrapper), to show you our 4 amazing Christmas/Holiday cards for the month.  My cards are super simple to make and they can all be made in less than 15 minutes.

Here is a video that also shows a quick look at the 4 cards because a photo is not always as good as a video.


Card No. 1

I found this stamp set - Sketches Scrollwork Christmas from Inkadinkado - in my stash and realized how simple, but classy, a card can be made with it.   

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base of red cardstock.
  • I die cut two pieces of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  One I adhered inside the card.
  • On the other, I stamped the sentiment and then the holly/berries wreath images.
  • I colored them in using only Rambunctious Red and Key Lime BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers. 
  • Then I adhered some red and green Stickles to the berries and holly leaves. 
  • Lastly, I adhered some super small crystals on each of the letters.

 

Card No. 2

For this card, I used Love Bug Christmas from Unity Stamp Co.  Who doesn't love a VW bug??

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock.
  • I stamped the image from Love Bug Christmas in the center of the card and the sentiment "Oh, Christmas Tree" under it.
  • Then I colored in the image.  I started with green for the tree and wreath and red for the bow.  Then I went to yellow for the car so it would stand out from the green and red.  
  • I added a dab of glue where the snowflakes are and then I adhered Polar White Flower Soft so it would look like snow.  I set it aside to dry.
  • Lastly, once it dried, I added Glossy Accents to the headlights and front glass of the car.

 

Card No. 3


For this card I used a die to make a stencil so that I could use embossing paste.  Did you get that?  LOL

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  
  • I cut another piece of white cardstock and die cut the Dazzling Snowflake from Memory Box.  This die is OLD and from my stash but you can use almost any snowflake die to make this card. 
  • I mixed some light blue glitter with modeling paste and adhered it through the "stencil" to the card front.  I admit, I think it needs more glitter and I may need to remake this card.  
  • Once dry, I typed up the words "Happy Holidays" on my computer, cut them out and adhered them using some pop dots. 

Card No. 4

For this card, I used another adorable set from Unity Stamp Co. called Classic Christmas.  It's pretty much made the same way as Card No. 2 but I was looking for simple this month.  

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock.
  • I stamped the image from Classic Christmas in the center of the card and the sentiment "Sending Christmas Joy And Cheer" under it.
  • Then I colored in the images using mainly red, gree, blue and a gold{ish} yellow.   
  • I added a dab of glue where the snowflakes are and adhered Polar White Flower Soft so it would look like snow.  I set it aside to dry.
  • Lastly, once it dried, I added little colored crystals to the tree to look like ornaments.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed these 4 ideas for March.  I had a lot of fun making them and I hope they give you inspiration to make some holiday cards too.  

Please remember to check out the other Crafty Elves to see what ideas they have come up with for this month.  Links to their blogs and IG pages are below.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Let me know if you have a favorite card this month.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

8 comments:

  1. I love your CAS snowflake one! All are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so lovely. Is that a sweet birdie on the bike?
    I love that card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Michael these are all wonderful! I'm a major Unity fan so I love those but the other two are so beautiful! The snowflake one especially is so elegant! Enjoyed your video! Thanks for inspiring us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards, Michael! I really love that CAS snowflake card... thinking I'm going to CASE that one! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! Love the snowflake design, and also the bike loaded down with all the Christmas goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these ... that white one is SO elegant... and the Love Bug... omg ... I think it's my fave.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...