Monday, January 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - January 2021 Edition

 


Happy New Year everyone, welcome to the January 2021 Edition of the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  Debra, Lisa, and I are back for a new year of making holiday cards.  And this year we hope to have some special guests along for the ride.   And, we have a new logo.  Those "crafty elves" at the top are a digital stamp from someone on Etsy.  If you are interested, you can find the link in THIS post. 

For this month, I decided on a few super quick cards.  All took less than 15 minutes to make.

Here's a short video showing the cards with a brief explanation, if you are interested. 


 
Card No. 1

For my first card, I used two digital sets from Joy Clair Designs.  Using Pages on my Mac, I combined the presents digital image from the Make A Wish Digital Set along with the "Merry Christmas" digital sentiment from the Dog Gone Christmas Digital Set

  • I printed the presents/sentiment on a piece of A4 cardstock and colored them with Tombow water-based markers, Nos. 173, 493, 245, and 835.  
  • I made a 4" x 9" card base out of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  Then, using the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from PinkFresh Studio, I cut the image I just colored and I also cut a piece of red cardstock. 
  • Then I layered the card.  Red cardstock to decorative paper and then the image of the presents. 
  • And, to finish off the card, I added red, blue, green, and silver Stickles on the bows and ribbons - to add some sparkle.

Card No. 2


This card is so super fast to make it's not funny.  I used 2 dies and it came together in less than 5 minutes!  And this card is great for a mixed religion family - who light a menorah and put up a tree. 
  • I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  
  • Using the largest die from the Stitched Rectangle Die Set 1 (Pink & Main), I cut a piece of silver cardstock and using the next die down, I cut a piece of textured navy blue cardstock.  I adhered the silver to the card front and then the navy blue to the silver.
  • Using the same silver cardstock, I die cut the Star Ornament Layer 1 die (Paper Rose) once and the Star of David die 2 times.  Both dies come in the same package.  
  • I adhered the Star Ornament to the card front, then the 2 small Star of David pieces to the ornament.
  • Lastly, I adhered 3 small crystals to the ornament string.

Card Nos. 3 and 4


OK.  I feel like I am kinda cheating here by using jounaling cards from The Muttcracker line from Photoplay Paper to make actual cards but, why not? That's what they are here for, are fast to make, and cute as can be.  Well, having 7 dogs and 3 cats, I might be biased. 

If you want to re-create these cards, I used Feliz Navidog (#MUT9530), Santa Paws (#MUT9533), Ho Ho Ho (#MUT9532), Muttcracker (#MUT9535), and Solids Plus Gold (#CMR9499) and some red cardstock. 

For the Feliz Navidog card - 

  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock.  
  • Using Stitched Rectangles Set 1 from Pink & Main, I used the largest die to cut a piece from HO HO HO, another die to cut a piece from the Solids Plus Gold sheet, and another one to cut the journaling card from the Feliz Navidog sheet. 
  • I adhered the HO Ho HO piece (the red with the bones) to the card front, then the Solids Plus Gold piece, and then the Feliz Navidog journaling card. 
For the Cat Hanging On The Ornament card - 
  • I did the same as above but I used the largest die from the Stitched Rectangles Set 1 to cut a piece of the Muttcracker paper, which I adhered to the card front.  
  • Using two other dies from the same set, I cut a piece of red cardstock and one of the journaling cards from the Santa Paws sheet and adhered them to the card front.
  • To make this card just a wee bit different, I added some small crystals to the ornaments. 

January 2021 is done!

I hope you enjoyed these quick, cute and easy cards to make.  Do you have a favorite?  If I have inspired you to make holiday cards, please let me know!  Or leave a link to your work in the comment section below.  

Remember to go and check out the other Crafty Elves to see what they have been up to this month and leave them some love!  Links to their posts are below.  

Crafty Elf Debra 

&

Crafty Elf Lisa

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Until next time -

Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael


17 comments:

  1. I love the variety! The presents and Hanukkah ones are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meghan! I love the Hanukkah one too - it's so clean and simple. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful creations and with very detailed explanations. Can you write my blog posts? Love them all, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam. Yeah... I tend to get carried away with my blog posts but I want people to feel that they can remake my cards. Glad you love them all!

      Delete
  3. Great cards to start off the series for 2021! The cat one is my favorite! I also love the slimline card with all of those presents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise for your comments and for stopping by my blog. I love the cat one too. So do my 3 cats. LOL

      Delete
  4. Great grouping of cards! The ornament card is really pretty and quite elegant. I love the slimline card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Becca! I always have a hard time trying to pick my fav but this month I think it's the ornament card too. It's just simple and elegant. Thanks for the comments!

      Delete
  5. Love the slimline package card! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vannessa! Imagine getting all these presents for the holidays. LOL Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. Great cards. LOVE the slimline colors and design! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim!! I love the slimline too and colors are my game. LOL So happy I was able to inspire someone. Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

      Delete
  7. Awesome bunch of card, Michael! Gotta love fast cards so those journaling card cards are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! Glad you like them all. Yes, journaling cards make the fastest cards out there. And, still handmade. LOL

      Delete
  8. Wonderful variety of cards and I like the new logo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Glad you like them and the new logo. Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

      Delete
  9. Love all of these! I have to apologize because I haven't hardly visited your place! And shame on me because I've missed so much. And I didn't even know we had a new logo....lol... I guess I have quarantine brain. I'll try to be better...

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...